Chapter 16

Niall stared at Harry. That's all he had been doing for the past twenty minutes - just staring and searching for something. Harry was about to question it but the intense look in Niall's eyes just made him close his mouth and he continued fixing his bike up while the blonde stared at him. 

"What are we Harry?" Niall sighed out, leaning down to pepper kisses down the brunette's sweaty cheeks but he didn't care about that. There was a part of him that knew such questions would lead no where but it had been days since they had gotten away from everything and Niall had finished penning the album down, all that was left was for him to record it and then release it. Thankfully, he had a bit of time on his hands, enough time to take care of bigger problems such as Jamie buying an engagement ring. That was major. 

"We are whatever you want us to be sweet cheeks," The curly brunette whispered, wrapping a bandanna around his forehead and pushing his hair up. He passed Niall a black hair band, turning around to allow the blonde to take all his hair up and tie in into a neat bun. Harry smiled, getting a screwdriver and going back to checking and fixing his bike. 

"Why can't you decide what we are?" Harry shrugged carelessly at the question, keeping his mood light and not making much of the situation. It was probably just Niall acting worried. He seemed to be doing that for an entire twenty four hours, just worrying and stressing. As much as it was starting to piss Harry off, he did respect Niall enough to keep quiet in such matters. 

"You make the decisions between the two of us." The brunette smiled sadly, watching Niall play with the cross chain wrapped around his neck. Niall was almost obsessed with the thing, never taking it off and always checking it again and again, almost as if he was scared that whatever they had going on, would soon wither away and maybe that was what was happening. And all Harry knew, was that nothing was set in stone. He couldn't just drop everything off for Niall and even though he had done that just a few mere days back, this was an entirely different matter. If Niall wanted an ever lasting commitment, then Harry knew he would try his hardest to give it all to him but he couldn't strand his family. And to be in a relationship with Niall Horan, meant getting fired by his boyfriend Jamie Dakota, which in turn would harm his bank account way too much and impact Gemma's education as well. A risk that Harry wasn't willing to take. 

"I want us to be something but I don't want to hope for something that just might not happen." The smaller man hissed, his voice getting a bit choked upon at the end because of the tears that were threatening to fall. It was a rush of emotions for Niall. He wasn't used to being showered with so much love and affection, even respect and Harry gave it all to him. He held him close when Niall felt like crying, he told him everything was going to be okay. They didn't have any lame promises between them. They just let things happen. 

"What's going on baby? You're scaring me." Harry reached a hand out, wrapping it around the blonde's slim waist and bringing him closer. He rubbed his hands down his jeans, trying to get rid of the grease on it before wiping Niall's tears away, feeling his heart clench at the sight. The blonde was way too precious and beautiful to be crying like this, cheeks all puffed out and tears all red and a runny nose. The taller man leaned down, pressing his forehead against Niall's because softly lifting him up from the hip and placing him on the large mass of supply hardwood that was kept on the side. Niall was dressed in a simple black jacket over a grey one and a black shirt underneath, he was wearing his signature skinny jeans and Harry took the time to admire him, smiling at how cutely Niall rubbed his tears away, hands curled together and hiccups coming out of his mouth. 

"I-I finished my album

"I-I finished my album." Niall started, trying to bite his lips to keep the tears at bay but failed miserably. He pulled Harry closer to himself by wrapping his arms around the brunette's neck, running his fingers up and down the curls. 

"Proud of you baby." Harry kept his voice soft and low, running his hands up and down the blonde's thighs. 

"I think you'll like it. It's mostly influenced by you." 

"Really?" The curly brunette asked, a bit shocked at the new discovery. He never really realized how much he was affecting Niall, but always knew how well Niall was affecting him. 

"Y-yeah. You inspire me a lot." Niall chuckled, placing his lips on Harry's without wasting any further time. He allowed himself to melt into the kiss and lean into the touch for a brief moment, letting himself get lost in the way Harry's lips felt on his own, how Harry's hands felt on his waist and how their bodies just seemed to fit so perfectly well together. The doomed realization of everything ending soon hit him at full force, causing him to break away from the mind blowing kiss,a trail of saliva following behind. 

"What's wrong baby boy?" Harry cocked an eyebrow, titling his head to the side as he watched the blonde become teary eyed once again. He let his hands rub up and won the chubby cheeks of his pale lover and sighed when Niall shook his head no. "Tell me so that I can help you." 

"My album should get released around the next month or so, depending on how quickly I record the tracks. There's so much I still have to do. You know how I just composed the music on my phone and now, I have to bring it to life and that's going to be hard -" 

"I never asked what's wrong with the album but rather what's wrong with you?" Harry frowned, cutting Niall off from rambling on and on about topics he wasn't going to understand anyways. He stared at those blue eyes he happened to love so much, feeling an odd amount of adoration developing in the pit of his stomach for the boy in front of his eyes and even though a part of Harry always knew that what he felt for Niall wasn't just 'like' or something as dumb as a simple phase but this was something bigger. He was sure that he might already be in love with Niall. Damn sure of that when Niall decided to speak the next words and Harry could literally feel a piece of his heart, or maybe his heart as a whole, breaking. 

"I think we should go back." 

AN/ In the hostel and been crying for two days. Hopefully today will be a bit better. Met people from my town here so that's a plus. Will be meeting my friends during their lessons so that's another bonus lol. Been talking to my ex a lot, so that's a surprise. We talked for like an hour yesterday haha.

Apart from this:  

Thoughts on the chapter? 

Thoughts on Niall wanting a label on the relationship?

Thoughts on Harry's feelings?

Thoughts on Niall's decision to go back? 

What's going to happen now? 

Is Narry going to survive once they return back to how things were?

NEXT UPDATE WHEN THIS CHAPTER GETS 100+ VOTES AND 70+ COMMENTS ! 

RANDOM QUESTION: How did you find my account on wattpad? Like, how did you stumble upon my stories?