Five

A/N: It just came to my attention that I never uploaded this chapter because I somehow deleted it... Hopefully this chapter will clarify a lot of things for you haha. 
As always I hope you enjoy reading this chapter. Vote if you enjoyed it and comment your opinions below :)

          I was mad. My expression hard and my gaze fierce as I faced Charlie. His eyes were fixed on me like I some sort of predator and he was the prey. He swallowed nervously and licked his lips. 

"You have thirty seconds to explain to me why there are flowers and a letter from Sir Lewis at my home," I said, my voice quiet but deadly serious. He licked his lips once more before replying,

"I had an idea. I know you don't wish to marry Sir William so why not marry Sir Lewis?" I glared at him before responding, rather venomously,

"You mean marry you." He shrugged his shoulder and said,

"Is that such a bad thing? I was under the impression I pulled off playing nobility rather well!" I was still glaring at him as he spoke, despite his attempts to lighten the mood. I grabbed a chair and sat down before replying,

"There are many, many flaws in your plan. You do realise that don't you?" When he stared at me in confusion I sighed, before continuing, "Think about it. One. If I were to marry Sir Lewis, letters of congratulations would be dispatched to Lord Byron, who I'm sure would be surprised to hear his son is marrying me. Two. What you did and are considering doing is illegal. Three. You. Are. The. Blacksmith! Almost everyone in Havaar would attend my wedding. I think the townspeople would notice if their beloved Blacksmith suddenly disappeared and then a man who looks just like him is suddenly marrying Lady Thorel."

          Charlie began to speak, then cut himself off. I hadn't meant to be so harsh or make him feel like a fool, but I needed him to understand. He picked up his hammer that he had dropped when I first arrived, and continued to shape the horseshoe that was still glowing white hot on the anvil in front of him. Charlie resuming his work meant he knew I was right. My expression softened as I said,

"I apologise for my harshness Charlie and I appreciate that you're trying to help me. But unfortunately I don't seem to have a choice in the matter." He squeezed his eyes shut tightly as I spoke. I was so frustrated by the law, if I only I hadn't been born into nobility. If only he hadn't been born the son of a Blacksmith. I was so tired of all these regulations that prohibited me from pursuing my own dreams and happiness, simply because of the circumstance of my birth. I looked up and saw that Charlie had opened his eyes. His bright blue eyes locked on mine, his expression unreadable. He broke his gaze by turning to look at the doorway to his bedroom where Elizabeth Marsh stood, still dressed in the clothes she had fought in. 

"The Skylar is you?" she screeched, not moving from where she stood. I felt dread wash over me. In my haste to question Charlie I had forgotten to disguise my appearance with the red paste. 

"Yes," I replied slowly. There was no point denying it.

"I wonder what the baron and my brother would think if they knew," she smirked, not unlike the expression her brother wore so often. 

"Is that a threat?" I asked, raising an eyebrow as I got to my feet. 

"Perhaps," she replied with a sneer as she strode over to Charlie who had been watching our exchange intently.

          "I want to go home!" demanded Elizabeth, fixing her gaze on Charlie. Charlie looked at Elizabeth with a blank expression and muttered,