Ten

A/N I hope you all enjoy this chapter! :) As always, vote if you like it and comment your opinions below.

          The thick wooden door swung open to reveal Charlie, who I was relieved to find alone and unharmed. I wasn't sure who he was more surprised to see, Elizabeth or myself, especially since we were wearing almost identical clothing.

"What's going on?" he asked. Unsure of what to say I thrust the poster into his hands. Charlie's expression grew sombre as he read, his hands trembling slightly. When he was finished reading he screwed the poster into a ball and lobbed it into the distance.

"You're in danger," said Elizabeth, "If that drawing is accurate enough for me to recognise you, it won't take long for those who see you on a day-to-day basis to realise." I nodded my head in agreement with Elizabeth's words and murmured,

"I'm heading after my uncle and his captor, you need to come with me. If you stay here, you'll be killed." Charlie paused for a moment, before looking over his shoulder into his home.

"I'm sure my father will be furious with me, wherever he is now, for leaving the forge... But I'll go with you." I sighed with relief and dashed passed him into the house and began to pack for him.

          When we had finished packing I opened the back door and peered around cautiously, afraid there were townspeople lying in wait for us. When I was certain the coast was clear I motioned for Elizabeth and Charlie to follow me out into the stables. I had only meant to use the stables as a safer route to the east road that led to the Otkir mountains, but when I saw another horse beside Valiant, I stopped. If I hadn't been so certain she was dead, I would have thought it was Moon in front of me. From the silver mane to the soft brown eyes, she was almost identical to my beloved horse.

"You bought another horse?" I whispered, turning to Charlie who was already saddling Valiant, aided by an apprehensive-looking Elizabeth.

"I bought her for you actually," he began, clearing his throat nervously, "I just didn't know how to broach the subject of a new horse without reminding you of Moon." I beamed from ear-to-ear at his words, feeling gratitude wash over me, as I wrapped my arms around the horse's neck and said,

"I love her, she's perfect." Charlie returned my grin and replied,

"I'm glad. What are you going to call her?" I pondered over a few different names for a moment before I settled on one.

"I think I'll call her Orchid," I said, brushing my fingers through the mare's mane as I crooned the name to her.

"Sorry to interrupt the happy occasion," said Elizabeth, her voice dripping with sarcasm, "but we're running out of time."

"Right." I responded, embarrassed that I had been so distracted by my gift.

          Once the two horses were ready and laden with our supply-filled saddlebags, I climbed into Orchid's saddle and reached down to help Elizabeth up. She had been too afraid to ride Valiant again, so Charlie rode alone, with more of the supplies so as not to overburden Orchid. I nudged Orchid's belly with my heels and we set off toward the east road, her fluid movement almost lulling me to sleep after having such a long, stressful day. The guards stationed at the eastern entrance of the town did not notice, or did not care when we rode past them and into the night. Our cloaks billowed out behind us as we put as much distance as we could between the town I had not left in over ten years. My heart was conflicted. On the one hand I was worried for my uncle, Tia and Charlie; but on the other hand, I was finally achieving my wish. I was going on an adventure, and I felt freer than I ever had before.