Chapter 35 Wolf's Battle for Control

Valentine Winters P.O.V

The pain eased a bit, and I wasted no time trying to get away from him. My legs felt wobbly as I stumbled into my washroom, quickly locking the door behind me. Leaning my back against the door, I slid down as the pain hit me again like a ton of bricks, just before the harsh banging started.

Crawling away from the intrusive noise, I reached the toilet seat and closed it. Pulling my aching body up, I sat, cradling my stomach, tears welling in my eyes from the relentless pain. In this state, I had created another trouble for myself just outside that door.

"Vortexzy," I heard him growling lowly, calling out my wolf. "Let me in. I can make you feel so good, Vortex. I can take the pain away," he moaned.

Feeling my wolf rising to the surface, I let her out. I wasn't strong enough to push her back, and there was no reason to even try. "Jacque, control yourself. Let Octavius out," I pleaded with a frail command.

"Say my name again," he purred.

"Give Octavius his control back," I ordered, trying to assert some semblance of dominance.

"No," he boomed before breaking the door. He looked like a starved animal, hungry for something that went beyond the physical.

Approaching me, my wolf whimpered, pleading for mercy. I tried to regain control, but weakness held me captive. The stage was set for a battle of wills, a struggle that promised to unfold in the unpredictable dance of dominance and surrender.

He effortlessly lifted me, placing me on the cold sink, and slid in between my legs. His movements were a tantalizing dance, a dangerous seduction that even my wolf couldn't resist. A low purr escaped her as he rubbed against me, easing some of the pain that had gripped us.

"Jacque," she warned, a cautionary note in her voice. He moaned, overpowering us by pinning both of our hands above our heads with one hand while the other circled my hips, keeping me firmly in place.

He pushed aside strands of my hair, exposing the mark Lucifer had branded on my neck, his canines elongating in a primal display. Fear surged through me – was he going to mark me?

As he buried his face in the crook of my neck, scraping his teeth over the mark, my wolf erupted in protest. The audacity of marking me forcefully sent a shiver down my spine.

"No," she growled ferociously. "I'm not yours. I'm already marked," she declared, regaining control as the pain subsided temporarily.

That was all she needed. With a surge of her alpha strength, she pushed him away, her command ringing through the room as she ordered him to leave. The room filled with the sound of my door opening, and a familiar scent wafted in.

"Valentine? Octavius?" Zachary's voice echoed, his eyes widening as he took in the chaotic scene.

"What in the gods' world happened in here?" he shrieked, his astonishment adding a layer of tension to the already charged atmosphere.

"Zachary, take Jacque away from here," my wolf commanded, her authoritative tone cutting through the confusion that hung in the air.

"Jacque? Octavius's wolf?" Zachary questioned, casting a bewildered glance between us. His eyes finally landed on me, and the pitch-black depths must have given away that I wasn't currently in control.

"Vortexzy?" he hesitated, recognizing the shift in my demeanor.

Jacque growled, resisting my wolf's command, and it all clicked for Zachary. Lucky me, winning the sarcasm-laden lottery.

"You're fortunate I have greater control over my wolf," he declared, attempting to drag Octavius away. "Sorry for this," he added, delivering a swift blow to Octavius's head, rendering him unconscious.