Chapter 12 Entangled Vows

Valentine Winters P.O.V

He seized my arm, forcefully yanking me away from Gabriel, shoving me behind him with a growl directed at Gabriel. In response, Gabriel matched his growl with equal intensity.

"What is the meaning of this?" My father bellowed angrily, outraged by the unexpected disruption.

"Shut up," Lucifer gritted harshly at my dad, a stark defiance that sent shockwaves through the room.

No one speaks to my father that way!

"Mind your tone," I warned Lucifer as the room crackled with tension.

Ignoring my warning, he silenced me by placing his index finger on my lips, his glare intensifying. I gulped, feeling the weight of his dominance.

"Give her back to me," my father demanded, his authoritative voice cutting through the strained silence.

I attempted to walk around Lucifer, only to be yanked back against him by my waist. His sarcastic remark pierced the air, "And where do you think you're going?"

"She is my wife now, she's mine now," Gabriel asserted, his possessiveness evident.

Oh no, what is he doing?

In the blink of an eye, Lucifer tackled Gabriel to the floor. The room erupted in chaos as the clash of bodies mirrored the internal turmoil of conflicting emotions.

He punched Gabriel relentlessly, the sound of each blow echoing through the room. Pack members attempted to intervene, but the hunters revealed their guns, halting any interference.

"She's not yours; she's mine," Lucifer growled, each word punctuated by a punch that further disfigured Gabriel's face. Blood streamed down, a visual representation of the escalating turmoil.

I sprinted towards them, desperately shrieking, "Lucifer, stop!" attempting to tug him back. But he seemed unyielding, like concrete in his wrath.

For a fleeting moment, Lucifer's focus shifted to me, providing Gabriel with an opportunity to tackle him to the ground. Hovering over Lucifer, he retaliated.

"No, stop!" I cried, trying to haul Gabriel away this time. Wielding my wolf's strength, I managed to pry him off eventually.

Lucifer, still seething, attempted to thrash Gabriel again, but I swiftly stood between them, preventing further violence.

"I'm taking her back," Lucifer declared, seizing my arm.

"Who are you to call her yours?" Gabriel demanded, his lip busted, and nose broken, already healing.

"She's my mate, you sly dog," Lucifer snarled.

My dad directed a questioning gaze at me.

"Impossible! Never a hunter mated to a wolf," Gabriel protested.

"Alas, he's one of us, aren't you?" Gabriel's dad, Alpha Zades, interjected into the conversation.

"You're despicable," Lucifer shook his head in disdain.

"Am I, Lucifer? You don't really think that I wouldn't know my own heir?" Alpha Zades questioned, revealing a hidden truth.

"Your heir? Y-you murdered my mom?" Lucifer's eyes shifted to a deep charcoal black.

Alpha Zades shook his head.

"I warned her, she insisted," he claimed, an unsettling truth surfacing.

"I don't believe you," Lucifer denied, his disbelief etched on his face.

"It's the truth," I interjected, attempting to bridge the widening gap between them.