Chapter 25 Fleeting Hope

Nathaniel Martin P.O.V

"Why isn't she home yet? Why aren't there any new messages from her?" I muttered to myself, anxiety coursing through every fiber of my being. I had tried calling her repeatedly, only to be met with an unreachable signal. Three days had passed, and the ominous silence from my daughter's end gnawed at my sanity.

Worry consumed me as I paced around my office room, contemplating the worst scenarios. My wife, sharing my concern, was no less distressed. I embraced and reassured her, promising that our daughter would return unharmed. But the gnawing uncertainty persisted – she was missing.

I led my wife to the bedroom, urging her to rest, and was on the verge of leaving the house to search for our daughter when Zades, a familiar face, appeared.

"Where are you going?" he inquired, sensing the urgency in my movements.

"Valentine, it's been three days. Her phone is dead. I need to find her," I explained hastily, desperation etched across my face.

"You won't find her," he declared, his words hanging in the air like an unsettling revelation.

I looked at him, a barrage of questions in my eyes.

He sighed, as if burdened by an unspoken truth. "I know where she is. She's with him," he stated, his words laden with a heavy significance.

"He'll hurt her," I hissed in a surge of rage, my protective instincts kicking in.

"Yes, but you and I both know how the bond works. I know she's still safe. Mates must be with each other," he reasoned, attempting to temper my escalating emotions.

I sighed, absorbing the weight of his words, and closed the door behind me. "If I see her hurt," I began.

"I'll see to it and punish him myself. Patience is a virtue," he assured, his tone carrying a solemn promise.

I nodded, the anxiety in my chest temporarily assuaged. All I could do was hope and wait, trusting in the peculiar dynamics of the bond that connected mates, even in the face of uncertainty.

Valentine Winters P.O.V

"Please move away from me," I whispered, a plea that lingered in the charged air between us. He remained unmoved, his gaze locked onto mine, captivating blue eyes meeting my nearly black ones. A hint of regret seemed to flicker in his eyes, but the sincerity of such emotions remained elusive.

Trust had become a scarce commodity in our twisted dynamic. I couldn't decipher his true intentions – whether he harbored genuine regret or if it was merely a facade concealing a more sinister truth. The possibility lingered that he could be smirking and mocking me internally, reveling in the illusion that I believed he regretted his actions.

He closed his eyes, a deep sigh escaping him. Rising from his seat, he walked backward, creating distance between us. Opening his eyes again, he ran his fingers through his hair in a gesture of frustration. Suddenly, he grabbed a fistful of his hair, as if trying to physically pull his thoughts together.

"I -I -I I'm s-s sor, no," he stammered, the words struggling to find their way out. A grunt of frustration followed, and he quickly unlocked everything before abruptly leaving the room, the door ajar in his wake.

As the door slowly made its way to closure, my heart raced. This was the moment, my only chance to escape from this captive nightmare. I knew the risks; I could get caught, but the prospect of freedom outweighed the fear of consequences.

My eyes were fixed on the door, so many thoughts rushing through my head. Should I take the chance? Should I risk it?

Suddenly, an awareness of the narrowing gap snapped me into action. Before it could close completely, with the speed of my werewolf instincts, I sprinted forward and flung the door wide open.

A rush of relief surged through me, the door standing open as a symbol of fleeting opportunity. The next steps remained uncertain, but in that moment, the taste of potential freedom lingered in the air, a tantalizing promise that spurred me onward.

I cast one last glance at the room that had held me hostage for an agonizing stretch of time, a chamber of torment and uncertainty. But now, my gaze was fixed ahead, on the path that led to the elusive freedom I craved.

He doesn't want me.

The realization echoed in my mind, a resolute acceptance of a truth that fueled my determination. I needed my freedom, my liberty restored. The longing for my family, the yearning for the warmth of familiarity, intensified with every step.

With a surge of newfound resolve, I took off, the sound of my footsteps reverberating in the empty corridor. The air seemed charged with anticipation as I sprinted towards the unknown, leaving behind the echoes of captivity. The pursuit of freedom propelled me forward, each step a testament to my defiance and a declaration of reclaiming what was rightfully mine.

I ran, not just away from a place of captivity, but towards the prospect of liberation, embracing the uncertainty that lay beyond. The wind whispered promises of a new beginning as I fled from the shadows of confinement, chasing the elusive light of freedom that beckoned me onward.

So what do you think it's gonna happen ? A little boring I know, I'll make the next chapter interesting, cross my heart!

PLZZ VOTE

PLZZ COMMENT

FOLLOW

Valentine Winters