Chapter 13 Fiery Temptations and Frozen Rejections

Valentine Winters P.O.V

"Stubborn," he stated.

"Ruthless," I shot back, an unyielding spirit evident in my response.

He just smirked, a silent acknowledgment of the playful banter, before forcefully pushing me down onto the floor.

"Ow," I hissed, feeling the impact.

He carelessly laid down on my bed, purposefully snuggling onto it as if staking his claim.

"Could you please move?" I asked, wearied by the ongoing confrontation.

He disregarded me, seemingly accustomed to asserting dominance.

I sighed, considering whether to take the pillow and blanket from him. After all, he only asked for the bed, didn't he?

I stealthily slipped the pillow out from under his head, causing his head to hit the bed unexpectedly. Whoops?

He cursed, glaring at me, clearly irritated.

"Mine," I declared triumphantly before clutching onto my cozy blanket and settling down on the floor again.

"Whatever," he muttered under his breath, maintaining his typical air of nonchalance.

I woke up, stretching and turning my head, noticing Lucifer curled up, giving off the impression of being cold. A sense of empathy overcame me, and I felt a twinge of guilt. I couldn't bring myself to be as callous as him. Placing my blankets on top of him, I decided to start my day.

Skipping to the washroom, I stripped my clothes and leaped into the shower. The warm water cascaded over me, unwinding my muscles, creating a temporary haven. As I turned off the shower, the realization hit me like a bucket of ice-cold water—I had forgotten my towel and clothes.

I usually forgot these things, but back then, 'he' wasn't here, and I had no qualms about walking around my room stark naked. However, the presence of Lucifer changed the dynamics.

After about 10 minutes, I heard my bed creak followed by a yawn. Footsteps approached my way on the other side of the door.

"Val, open the door, I need to go to the bathroom," he demanded.

"I can't, could you pass me a towel?" I requested.

His footsteps retreated before advancing again. "Here you go," he said.

I swiftly unlocked the door and slightly opened it, allowing him to stick his hand in with the towel. As I grabbed it and wrapped it around me, attempting to close the door, he slid in, closing and locking the door behind him.

"Lucifer, get out," I demanded, but he paid no heed.

Clutching the towel tightly, I resisted the urge to let it fall. He took off his shirt, revealing his perfect eight-pack and well-defined chest, making me unconsciously lick my lips.

Moving quickly, he neared me, nudging me into the shower and turning me around so my back faced him. He flattened me against the shower wall, both of us now drenched with water.

My towel became heavy, making it challenging for me to keep it secured around me. Lucifer buried his face in the crook of my neck, his hands snaking down the side of my thighs, ultimately laying hold of my bare hips.

"Stop," I moaned, feeling him nip and suck on my neck. Unintentionally, I tilted my head to provide him more access.

"Lucifer," I tried to warn him, but it came out as a moan. His hands on my hips tightened, and he let out a soft groan.

His hands trailed up my stomach, drawing patterns on my skin. One hand tried to pry off my towel, but I clutched it tighter, eliciting a low growl of disapproval from him.

He swiftly turned me around, pressing me against the wall, his eyes dark with lust. My mind urged me to stop, but my body craved more.

I had no control over it.

Heat surged through me wherever he touched. He lifted me, and I wrapped my legs around his hips, our bodies pressing together intimately.

"Do you love me?" he whispered.

Before I could answer, my wolf responded for me. "Dearly," she confessed.

He smirked, rolling his hips against me, eliciting moans. The bond between us intensified, urging me to claim him.

His warm breath fanned across my ear. "I don't love you," he whispered, callously shoving me to the floor and walking away after delivering the crushing rejection.

"I, Lucifer Argent, reject you, Valentine Winters, as my mate for all eternity," he sentenced.

Tears streamed down my face as I sobbed uncontrollably.

Lucifer Argent P.O.V

I hissed at the annoying voice, running further into the woods. Regret consumed me. I had acted foolishly, losing my pride for her. Last night's whirlwind of emotions left me vulnerable. Educating myself about rejection had given me insightful details.

I needed my caption back—feared by all, cruel and cold.

I can't believe I acted like a fool. Returning to my ruthless self was imperative. I needed to reclaim control and become the fearsome figure I once was.

PLZZ VOTE

PLZZ COMMENT

FOLLOW

I KNOW IT WAS KINDA BORING AND ALL, BUT ILL TRY TO MAKE IT BETTER, WHICH CHARACTER DO YOU LIKE ? SORRY FOR NOT UPLOADING IN A LONG TIME, HOMEWORK AND ASSIGNMENTS ARE SUCH PAIN IN THE ARSE EVERY TIME.

- Valentine Winters