Chapter 41 Unexpected SheWolf

Hunter Leto P.O.V

The alley was swallowed in shadows, punctuated only by the sound of bodies hitting the pavement and the metallic tang of blood in the air. My forehead throbbed from the impact, but the pain was overshadowed by the surging rage that consumed me.

The guy in front of me lay sprawled, unconscious, eyes rolled back. A twisted satisfaction crept across my face. Turning my attention to the trio attempting to hold me captive, I counted aloud, each number dripping with ominous calmness. "One. Two. Three."

Three, that's all they thought it would take to keep me down. A scoff escaped my lips, followed by a short, sadistic chuckle that echoed in the narrow confines of the alley.

With a quick, brutal elbow to the right, my sharp claws dug into his chest, tearing through flesh. A howl of pain filled the air as he released his grip, giving me the opportunity to push him away. The satisfaction was fleeting, though, as a blow to the back of my head sent another throb coursing through me.

Anger flared, and my gaze locked onto the regret in the eyes of the one to my left. Unfazed courage barely masked the realization that he'd made a grave mistake. My free right hand clenched into a fist, swinging with swift retribution. The sickening crack of breaking bone accompanied a whimper drowned out by the flow of crimson from his broken nose.

As he stumbled backward, clutching his stomach in agony, the dance in the alley continued—a chaotic ballet of defiance against the odds, a symphony of pain and vengeance in the dimly lit shadows.

The alley echoed with my cry of agony as claws tore down my back, igniting a searing pain that fueled my fury. Whirling around, I seized the attacker by the neck, my right hand tightening its grip as my left rained punches on his face. His nose bled, lips split, and bruises painted a grim portrait on his cheekbones.

The one I'd thrown against the wall earlier lunged at me again, and with a snarl, I redirected his trajectory, sending him crashing into his comrade. Groans of pain mingled with the echoes of the brawl.

The broken-nosed assailant, now half-shifting into a wolf, approached with misplaced confidence. My growl cut through the air, a declaration of dominance. Despite the wound on my back healing, the situation was spiraling out of control. They needed to submit.

"I'm an Alpha!" I roared, baring my canines in a display of dominance. The previously unconscious one stirred, groaning, as they hesitated but remained defiant.

"I'm naturally stronger than all of you here!" I asserted, frustration lacing my words. "Bow down to me."

Their defiance held, their loyalty to an unseen Alpha unyielding. The tension hung thick in the air.

A familiar voice shattered the turmoil, freezing everyone in place. Nathaniel, the man we all knew too well, stood in the doorway, eyes widened in shock at the chaos before him.

He stormed toward me, outrage etched on his face. A slap cracked across my cheek, turning my head sharply. I growled, restraining the surge of anger.

"You have no right to lay a finger on me," I stated, my tone deceptively calm, a facade of respect for my mate's father.

"Why not? I'm the alpha here. I do whatever I want," he asserted, his arrogance on full display.

A smirk played on my lips. "I'm not Lucifer; you can't fool me."

Confusion clouded his expression as I delivered a veiled warning. "If my father got to know about this, you have just begun a war."

The revelation left him bewildered. The power dynamics shifted, and I approached him slowly, halting the others with a menacing glare. The stage was set, and the tension in the air crackled with the promise of a confrontation that extended beyond the alley's confines.