Chapter 23 The Lupine Metamorphosis

Lucifer Argent P.O.V

"Why is she sorry?" The question echoed in my mind, a discordant note amid the chaos of emotions. Frustration gripped me, a tangible force that propelled me out of my seat, pacing back and forth in the stifling room.

My fingers ran restlessly through my hair, each motion a manifestation of the irksome turmoil within. I couldn't bear to witness her current state, and the inexplicable desire to break her lingered like a haunting shadow. It was a victory, skillfully achieved, yet the expected jubilation eluded me.

I should be rejoicing, reveling in her defeat. She had lost, broken by my calculated actions. And yet, a cold emptiness settled over me, my heart crumpling in a way I couldn't fathom.

Unable to stand the sight of her shattered state, I found myself breathing heavily, perspiration beading on my forehead. I wiped it away with the back of my hand, only to realize that my entire body was drenched in sweat.

A sudden surge of heat overwhelmed me, the room feeling like a furnace. I was on fire, but the flames were internal, an inferno devouring my insides. The inexplicable sensation left me gasping, caught in the grip of an unseen force that defied all reason. The air thickened with tension, and as the heat intensified, I grappled with the enigma of my own unraveling, lost in a sea of conflicting emotions.

The hard floor met my descent, a sudden collapse that left me bewildered and disoriented. "What are you doing to me?" I managed to utter, my voice tinged with confusion and pain.

Valentine stood, her expression a mixture of perplexity and concern. A surge of agony gripped me, coursing through my veins like a merciless force. I moaned, unable to contain the pain that seemed to originate deep within, radiating to every fiber of my being.

As the torment intensified, I fell to my hands and knees, screaming in sheer agony. "Make it stop," I whimpered, the plea escaping my lips in desperation.

I felt the transformation unfolding, my spinal cord contorting and reshaping itself. My legs twisted into abnormal positions, bones cracking and crackling like an orchestra of pain. The world blurred through the tears streaming down my face, and I screamed as canine teeth protruded from my mouth.

Black fur sprouted across my tan skin, each inch a testament to the metamorphosis consuming me. Valentine's gasp echoed in the room, her surprise mirroring my own as the transformation unfolded.

"What's happening to me?" I groaned through elongated canines, the pain subsiding only to be replaced by the disconcerting awareness of my changing form.

"You're shifting," she replied, her voice carrying a mix of awe and realization.

Sharp claws replaced my nails, and my hands transformed into powerful paws. The excruciating agony continued, my clothes shredded and torn in the wake of the metamorphosis.

Before I could comprehend the extent of the change, I found myself on all fours, my body covered in long, black, silky fur. The pain ebbed away as my vision cleared, revealing a world with newfound clarity.

With a thump, I dropped to the floor, my weakened self unable to rise. What happened? I attempted to say, but instead, it came out as a bark. Stunned, I tried again, only to produce another canine sound.

I looked at myself, a mixture of astonishment and confusion coloring my perception. Long black fur, big paws, sharp claws, a snout, muscular dog arms and legs – and then, to my bewilderment, a strong tail.

A tail? I tried to articulate, but all that escaped my transformed self was a series of barks, leaving me to grapple with the surreal reality of my newfound canine form.

A slight noise disrupted the silence, drawing my attention to Valentine, who stood on high alert. The tension in her posture instantly eased my transformed body, and I found an odd comfort in her presence as she approached, gently caressing my newly acquired fur. A purr resonated from my throat, a sound unfamiliar and foreign.

"Your wolf is beautiful," she said in awe, her words hanging in the air like a surreal revelation. The realization hit me like a shockwave – I had just turned into a werewolf.

How do I get back to my human self? I growled, the words unintentionally hostile. Valentine took a step back, startled, and I instantly regretted the aggression that emanated from my transformed state. My wolf growled within me, a subtle reminder of the primal force now coexisting with my human consciousness.

I motioned towards myself, a silent plea for guidance. Valentine, still recovering from the surprise, stammered, "T-think o-of y-your h-human s-self."

Her stuttering response sparked an unexpected twinge of remorse. I closed my eyes, focusing on my human form, feeling the subtle shifts as the transformation began. The crackling noises echoed, but the pain was more bearable this time.

Opening my eyes, I realized I was stark naked, a detail I brushed off in the urgency of the situation. Turning my attention to Valentine, I stalked towards her, the lingering aggression giving way to an unspoken vulnerability.

"I-I'm s-sorry, I-I c-can't s-stop t-the p-pain," she rambled, backing away and closing her eyes tightly, as if bracing for an impending threat.

"Please don't hurt me," she begged, her words slicing through the air. I clenched my jaw, a surge of conflicting emotions swirling within. Her plea echoed in my ears, triggering an unfamiliar empathy that warred with the residual aggression of my wolf. Closing my eyes tightly for a moment, I grappled with the internal conflict, torn between the instinctual nature of my new form and the remnants of my human conscience.

So how was it ?

PLZZ VOTE

PLZZ COMMENT

FOLLOW

@killgharh (Instagram)

@WintersVal (Twitter)

- Valentine Winters