01- Happy Birthday, love!

Jai;
I sighed, looking at myself in the mirror, constantly fixing my shirt or my hair.

I heard someone chuckling and I turned around, Mom was leaning against the door frame, her eyes glued to me.

"Stop it, you look fine" she smiled and I let out a sigh of relief.

"Are you sure?" I asked and she nodded before chuckling once again.

"It's not often I see you this nervous" she said and I playfully rolled my eyes.

"I'm not nervous, I just wanna look good" I smirked and she laughed.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say" she said and I smiled.

Then, her face turned completely serious, "Jai, she's coming with...um, I forgot his name", Mom said, furrowing her eyebrows in concentration.

"David?! What the fuck? Why is he coming? He doesn't even know me or Luke?" I asked, feeling myself getting angry.

Mom looked down and I instantly knew she was hiding something.

"Mom?" I said, waiting for her to tell me whatever she wasn't telling me.

"He actually knows Luke and they've gotten pretty close. And, anyways, even if they didn't know each other, Kristal is invited and if she has a boyfriend, I guess he's invited too" she shrugged and I clenched my jaw.

"They are not together!" I said raising my voice.

Mom furrowed her eyebrows, "Calm down, Jai. Maybe they're not together right now, but how do you know they won't be later on?" She said and walked out of my room, leaving me by myself.

I groaned and laid on my bed, covering my face with my hands.

Luke knows David? And they get along?

This is bad, really bad.

"We're here!" I heard Beau's loud voice and other people talking.

I took a deep breath and walked out of the room, and into the living room, where Beau, Chelsey, Luke, Kiana, James, and Daniel were standing.

They noticed my presence and started cheering.

I hugged everyone and when I got to Luke, I hugged him as tight as I could, and he laughed.

"Happy birthday" we said at the same time and everyone laughed.

"Kristal's on her way with David and with the kids. You know Kristal, she takes so long getting ready. When I was leaving, she was about to take a shower" Luke laughed and I gave him a small smile.

I was so jealous of Luke, he lives with her, he gets to see her and my kids everyday.

"Was David in the apartment?" I quietly asked, so no one but him would hear me.