13-Confessions

Jai;

I slowly blinked, getting used to the brightness as I groaned.

I felt cold and not as good as I've been feeling the past few days.

I felt around the mattress with my hand, looking for Kristal's warm body, but frowned when I didn't find it.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes, realization hitting me when I looked around.

Kristal had stayed at the hospital for the night with Aiden.

I tried staying with her as well, I didn't want to leave her by herself, I wanted to stay with her and Aiden, but she didn't let me.

She told me I had to rest, and practically begged me to come home.

I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and immediately called Kristal.

"Hello?" She answered, her voice tired and I smiled at the sound of her voice.

"Good morning, baby" I rasped out, getting out of bed.

"Morning" she simply replied, sounding even snappy.

I frowned, taken aback at her tone.

"Are you okay? Are you mad at me or something?" I asked, running my hand through my hair.

"Yes, Jai. I'm angry at you, I told you we should've gone to another restaurant, but you didn't listen" she snapped and I scoffed.

"Are you blaming me for what happened to Aiden?" I asked, getting worked up as well.

"Well, if you would've listened to me" she said, raising her voice.

"Yeah, because you're always right, aren't you? You were right when you just left me and broke our family because of one silly mistake" I started raising my voice.

"Are you fucking serious?! You were the one that cheated! I'm sorry if I tried to get away from the pain. And hun, if there was someone that broke out family, it was you. You made me feel like I wasn't enough, I felt so insecure about myself for such a long time. I wanted to spend time as a family with our kids, together, but we couldn't! One silly mistake, yeah" she loudly said, her voice quieting at the end, before signing and hanging up.

I groaned in frustration as I ran hands through my hair, mentally cursing.

It was my fault, I had to bring it up. I felt awful, I made her feel like she wasn't enough, when it was the other way around, I didn't deserve her, I hurt her so much.

I walked out of the bedroom, going into the kitchen where Luke was and I was shocked when I saw a can of beer in his hand.

He rarely ever drinks, he must be going through something tough if he's like this.

"Luke, what's wrong?" I asked sitting next to him.

"Kiana" he simply said and I instantly understood.

"Same with Kristal" I practically groaned and he chuckled.

"What happened with Kristal? How's Aiden?" He asked and I sighed, I didn't even know how he was doing.

"Well, I don't know. I called Kristal and we started fighting, that's about it. We didn't even talk about how our son is doing" I said, sadly.

I was so worried about Aiden, but yesterday the doctors said he was going to be alright, so that calmed me down a little bit.