Menacingly

The rest of the day had went by as a blur. I got the documents done in time but I was a bit nervous that there would be a mistake that I had missed while my mind wondered off to other things.

Speaking of taking my mind off of things, the girls were all gathered in my room at this moment to discuss some things and I enjoyed how well I fit into their group.

I felt much more confident with myself with them sitting with me, all of us actually being ourselves for once without anyone telling us otherwise.

"So you and Toby aren't on speaking terms?" Emily asked as she fish tail braided Aria's hair.
I shrugged my shoulders,"he apologized by giving me this." I said opening my drawer and showing them the beautiful diamond necklace. All of their mouths dropped open at the sight.

"What did you do?" Aria asked grabbing the necklace out of my hands to get a closer look.
"I told him I didnt want it but he just insisted on me keeping it and he told- not asked, he told me to wee it with my dress tomorrow night."

"You were honestly going to give this up?" Hanna asked taking it from Aria.
I nodded my head.

"I understand," Emily spoke grabbing all of our attentions. "You dont want to be won over by some gifts."

I sighed nodding my head,"Exactly. . . he's just been acting weird ever since this afternoon- I wasnt even originally planning on going to the dance with him, I was suppose to be going with Lucas."

"Does Lucas know?" Hanna asked and I shook my hand in response.
"I dot have his number-"
"I have it," Aria stated earning looks from all of us. "What?" she asked.

We all laughed quietly then Aria handed her phone to me showing that she had already pressed the call button. I looked up at her and her smile widened.
"No hesitating you have to tell him now."

"Hello?" Lucas answered groggily which was understandable since it was one in the morning.
"Um, Lucas its me Spencer." I stated nervously. It wasnt everyday I had to call a guy to tell him I'm going somewhere with another guy.
"Hey Spencer- what are you doing with Aria's phone?" he asked.

"Lucas I called to tell you that I have to go to the dance with Toby."

"What happened to going with me?" he asked and I could hear the disappointment in his voice.
"I want to go either you but he's making me-"
"He cant make you do anything Spencer, you make your own decision- just forget it."

W hung up the phone and I brushed a hand over my face, handing Aria her phone back.
"What happened?" Emily asked.
"He's really mad." I responded.

I leaned back against my head board and decided to change the subject.
"So you guys were suppose to tell me about the rules." I said.

They all nodded coming in closer so that we sat in a circle.
"Are you sure you want to know all of this because honestly we can just pretend like nothing is even-"
"Hanna stop talking, she should know since she's the first girl to even step foot in this house that isnt here to just work." Aria stated.

My eyes widened at what she had just said.
"I am?" I asked.
Emily shook her head while Hanna and Aria nodded.

"I've been here longer so I k ow more," Emily told me. "There was another girl and her name was Alison but its a long story."

"Please tell us." Hanna begged leaning her head on Emily's shoulder. Emily sighed but leaned over turning on the light and cutting the TV off.

"Dont tell anyone I told you guys this because Mr. Cavanaugh will probably kill me if he was to ever find out." she said.
"We promise." the three of us said in unison.

Taking a deep breath Emily began telling the story in a low whisper.

"A few years back, Mr. Cavanaugh was in love with a girl with long blonde hair, gorgeous blue eyes, and a big ego. Anywhere Mr. Cavanaugh went Alison went, the two were inseparable until one day he found out that Alison was receiving threats from someone.
Toby left he situation alone because he thought it was a joke but then a note came and it was to him.
He rushed home searching everywhere but Alison was no where to be found.
Still to this day no one knows what happened," she paused.

"After that Mr. Cavanaugh made his own ten commandments."

A knock sounded on my door and we all turned to look in that direction.
"Spencer?" Toby's voice came in.

All of our eyes widened as we all tried getting out of bed so that the three of them could hide but it was ready too late.

Toby had walked in and he didnt look pleased by neither one of us.
"What going on here?" he asked looking at me for an answer.

"W-What do you mean?" I stuttered out. Fear taking over as I looked into his eyes, Toby's behavior pushing to a level I hadn't seen before with the exception of one person.
He gestured at Hanna, Emily, and Aria,"I have strict rules and you just helped them break three of them!" he yelled suddenly.

"I-I dont know the rules." I admitted.

"They do and if their not out of this fucking room in the next three seconds-"
He hardly got a chance to finish as all the girls ran out of the room quickly.

Toby slammed the door then came walking over to me. With every step he took forward I stepped backwards.
This continued until I was against the wall.

As he came closed my back slid down the wall and I hid my face in my knees, tears streaming down my face by this time as I waited for him to do something- anything.

"Spencer-"
"I'm sorry!" I cried out remembering a flash back.

"Stop crying and look at me you stupid brat!" my father yelled, grabbing my hair and lifting me up.
"I'm sorry!" I cried out.
"Sorry for what!?" he yelled grabbing a hold of my neck.
"I'm sorry for. . . I dont know what I did dad-"
His grip on my throat tightened making it harder for me to breath.
"You know what you did!" he yelled letting me drop to floor.
I felt him bend down lower so that he was by my ear then he whispered,"your sorry for being born."

I felt arms around me then suddenly I was pulled onto a lap, preferably Toby's.
He simply began comforting me by stroking my back as I cried into his shoulder.

My eyes stayed closed shut and I unconsciously wrapped my arms around his neck letting my crying die down slowly. A part of me wondering how I could be so angry with him but still relax into his arms as if there was no care in the world.

"Did you think I was going to hurt you?" Toby asked suddenly. His voice full with anger and confusion.
Not answering his question I welcomed sleep with open arms but not before murmuring one thing.

"I dont know the rules."