Menacingly

I grabbed his hand that had been smoothly gliding back and fourth on my leg and moved it so that it was around my waist as I turned to face him, throwing my leg over his waist.

After I did so, I became nervous. This wasn't something that I could see myself doing being as shy as I was.

Toby chuckled somehow reading my mind. "You don't have to be nervous around me just. . . relax."

As he said this he leans forward trailing butterfly kisses from my shoulder up to a sensitive part on my neck.

My eyes fluttered shut as he traveled up to my ear, pulling me closer to him in the process.

"Sleep."

I tucked my head under his chin and complied to his demand.

"Toby?"

That was the first thing to slip past my lips as I awoke from my deep sleep. Surprisingly, this was one of the best sleeps that I've been able to have.

There were no interruptions and I thankfully didn't have any nightmares like I usually would.

Opening my eyes, they met a pair of blue ones and I frowned at realization.
"I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to wake you up." I apologized.

Toby shook his head in response. "I've been up I just haven't been able to fall asleep." he admitted nonchalantly still trapped in thoughts.

"What's on your mind?" I asked, repeating his exact words from earlier. I could tell by the glint in his eyes that he had caught on.

"I don't have an answer to that right now, I haven't exactly settled on just one thought." he admitted halfheartedly.

Sliding the now unpacked suitcase under the bed I turned around listening as harsh whispering went on just outside my door.

"Miranda needed you but she's fine now so why are you going back?"

"She still needs my help- I can't talk to you right now."

I could tell that it was Hanna and Caleb arguing. Walking closer to the door I cocked my head to the side so that I was able to listen.

"Do you expect me to make this easy for you-" Caleb cut Hanna off raising his voice more than intended.

"This is not easy," he admitted taking a moment before repeating his words. "This is not easy."

I heard foot steps then a door slammed shut. A sigh erupted before there was a harsh knock on my door causing me to jump.

Without warning the door swung open and Caleb stepped in, his eyes immediately landing on me.

His hand brushed through his mane clearly frustrated. "I take it you were listening?" he asked me. I nodded my head out of honestly- a little nervous as I did so.

He had already seemed upset but I relaxed once he did.
"Daniel wants to see you in Toby's office, I'm sure you remember where it is," he told me. Once again I nodded making my way out of the room to feel a hand wrap around my upper arm.

Turning back I shot Caleb a confused look. "While I'm gone can you do me a favor?" he asked me.

"What is it?"

He breathed out an unsteady breath before thrusting his head down the hallway. "Be there for her." was all he told me before letting go of my arm and walking away.

I stood there a moment longer before finally making my way down to Toby's office. As I passed Hanna's room I could hear soft whimpers almost making me stop but I couldn't.

From the previous time I had met Daniel, I had learned that he wasn't at all a patient men.

I rose a hand and before I could knock the door had creaked open, revealing him. He glanced up from some paper work then waved for me to come in.

I didn't move.

"Are you going to stand there or are you going to come in and discuss some things?" he asked raising an eyebrow while twirling a pen around in his hand.

I gulped, walking into the room- closing the door behind me. Sitting down in the comfortable camelback sofa.

"My son is getting very serious with you," he paused. "That's not a good thing- he doesn't need someone to just enter his life one minute to exit the next he can't handle that again."

To say the least I was a bit surprised at how much Daniel cared. Of course, that's Toby's dad but their connection seems a bit off now.

"Toby and I are already serious with each other," I admitted after realizing that he was waiting for me to speak. "I would never hurt him and he would never hurt me."

Daniels eyes widened a bit but soon went back to a blank expression. "For a Hastings I'm quite impressed with you. . . your family isn't very- honest would probably suit what I'm thinking better. . . your different."

"I guess,"

That was the only thing I could think of as he said this. I had become use to being called different.

"Is this why you called me down here?" I asked. I expected him to shake his head but he nodded instead. "I want my son to make the right decisions that's why I'm hard on him all of the time." he admitted.

I had no idea why he was telling me this but I was glad to see this side of him before I silently exited the room.

Walking up the stairs I took my time. I had no idea on what to say to Hanna when I rarely knew what was going on.

She was there for you now you have to be there for her, my conscience said as if I didn't already know that.

Taking a deep breath once I ran out of steps to climb I made my way to Hanna's room to hear that she was still crying her eyes out.

Opening the door, I hesitantly stepped inside of the room. She hadn't noticed that I was here until the door closed behind me but I wasn't the one that closed it, it closed on its own leaving me with no choice but to improve.

11:28p.m. the alarm clock read once Hanna had went to sleep. It took more time than I had anticipated for Hanna to calm down and grasp onto the fact that her and Caleb were going to be fine but I managed.

Opening my eyes I turned the shower off then grabbed my towel, securely wrapping around my body.

As I walked out of the bathroom the steam followed close behind passing me up once I froze in my spot seeing Toby sitting at the edge of my bed.

Once we had arrived home Toby and I had went separate ways and haven't bumped into each other ones.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled. "I was so worried about my mom that I had blocked you it completely."

I shrugged walking over to him. "That's not something to apologize for- your mom needed you more and besides that Hanna needed me." I told him.

"I need you." he admitted placing his hands on my hips. Looking into his eyes he looked at me with two things. Pain and something I've always wanted someone to look at me with.

Love.

Pulling me down slowly to see whether I would pull away, his lips glided over mine before he took mine with his and one thing had ended in another.