Menacingly

Silence filled us after I had managed to get Caleb seated on the couch and calmed down as much as I could. I bit my thumb nail as I thought about what to do.

"Caleb," my voice cracked. "Why didn't you tell Hanna you were here?" he looked up at me then back down at his hands that were folded in front of him, as he supported himself with his elbows on his knees leaning forward slightly.

"She's going to ask questions and I'm already under pressure thinking about how I'm going to tell her." he answered. I nodded my head in understanding then turned when I heard the door knob jiggle.

Toby walked in and immediately stopped in his tracks when he seen Caleb here.
"What's going on?" Toby asked looking back and fourth between Caleb and I as he approached to stand by my side. "Is something wrong?"

I looked at Caleb expecting him to answer yet he said nothing. "Caleb's in a situation," I told him. His eyes finally settled on me and I looked up at him.

He was clearly confused which was highly understandable but other than that he seemed tired.

"Miranda told him to leave her behind and he listened, by the time he went back it was too late Toby," tears filled my eyes as I finished. "She was dead."

Although I didn't know who Miranda was I felt bad hearing that her life was cut short.

Caleb got up from his seat and made his way to the door. Toby grabbed his arm but he snatched away roughly, exiting the room.

Toby sighed then turned around to face me. "Will he be okay?" I asked in a hushed tone. He nodded his head, taking a few steps forward until he was in front of me.

"Don't cry," he whispered, his thumb brushed over my cheek softly and he leaned down so that our foreheads connected. "There's nothing to cry about Caleb will be fine he just needs some time alone."

I placed my hands on his chest, gripping onto his tuxedo as I began to feel sick again. I gagged then ran out of Toby's arms to the bathroom making it just in time with Toby hot on my tail quickly holding my hair back.

"I thought you said you were feeling better?" he asked me but at the moment I couldn't answer the question. With his free hand he began rubbing my back in a soothing manner.

Once I was done I reached up with my left hand and flushed the toilet. "I thought you said you were feeling better?" he repeated his question from earlier.

I nodded weakly,"I thought I was I don't know what happened." my voice came out weakly as I tried to capture more air than I was because of my rapid breathing.

"Spencer?" Toby asked me. I looked over to him and he seemed deep in thought as he spoke. "Are you pregnant?"

My eyes widened and I quickly stood up front the floor walking out of the bathroom and towards the door.

Arms engulfed around me from behind and I stopped in my tracks with no intention to struggle.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to piss you off." Toby told me. I shook my head turning in his grip so that I could look at him. "You didn't," I assured him. "I'm just scared that your right."

Toby frowned, letting go of me. "Have you ever thought about having kids?" he asked me. I nodded my head honestly.
"I have but now just isn't the time."

He tilted his head to the side. "Do you think I would let anything happen to our child?" he asked me. I shook my head, the feeling of guilt taking me in. "He'll be fine."

I raised an eyebrow at his last statement. "She'll be fine." I corrected. He then raised his eyebrow in amusement.
"It's going to be a boy." he chuckled. I shook my head in disagreement.

"Maybe I should take a pregnancy test first." I smiled smiled as well then opened the room door.
"We still have to tell the others about what's going on we promised." he reminded.

"I know," I sighed. "Should we go look for Caleb?"
We walked out of the room and made our way down the hallway. "Caleb will be fine- knowing him he most likely hasn't told Hanna that he was here." he looked to me for an answer and I nodded in affirmation.

The rest of the way downstairs to the living room was silent. Once we made it everyone was already sitting on the couch waiting patiently, Caleb included but I could see by his posture that he still hasn't told Hanna.

Emily got off of the couch and walked over top us. "We don't have much time," she warned us. "Daniel and Marianne will be back soon."

"They left?" Toby asked, his eyes growing dark as he said this. "Where is he taking my mom?"
Emily sighed. "He doesn't mean any harm Toby he just wants Marianne to trust him again. . . this night all leads up to his decision."

Toby nodded his head then stood in front of everyone. "Everyone listen up," he paused waiting for our attention. Emily walked back to the couch and I took my spot next to Toby slightly nervous. "Whatever is said in this moment is between us and no one else-" he turned to Aria. "I know Ezra is busy but you can talk to him about it later."

She nodded his head before Toby continued. He explained everything that was going on and the room grew silent.

All I could hear was my heart bearing as I waited for someone to speak. Hanna was the first.
"I have been getting messages as well." she mumbled. Aria was next,"me too."

We all looked at Emily who had spoke up as well. "Same for me," she murmured. "I thought it was some joke so I didn't pay much attention to it."

In unison the four of us were notified that we had a message and we pulled our phones out.
Glad all of you caught on, now the game has began bitches.- A

Looks were coasted around the room and I felt cold suddenly, as if wind had just brushed past out of nowhere. I looked back down at the message then up to Toby.

He seemed worried but the moment I looked at him he erased the look, replacing it with assurance.

His eyes told me everything would be alright but his posture told me something else. He removed his eyes from me then began looking around once again.

What does this person mean? I thought the game had already started- does this mean that everything I went through so far was only the beginning? I thought to myself feeling my heart drop to the pit of my stomach.

"Toby?" I asked quietly so that he was the only one to hear me. He looked down at me once again telling me to proceed. I took a shaky deep breathe before finally speaking.

"I think I should take the test now."