Menacingly

Spencer POV

Flash after flash, question after question. This was too much to take in. My heart began to beat in my ears as my breathing picked up. Looking around there was no way out, Marian was no where to be found at the moment but somewhere behind the flashes I could hear her screaming,"Leave her alone!" as if that would actually work.

I guided my hands through my hair in frustration, pulling roughly. Where is your father? or What happened to your mother? was being shouted at me even louder than before. Finally, a space opened up and I planned on making my way out but then appeared Wilden.

He leaned against the wall watching me in amusement as he drank his coffee. I froze when our eyes had met, unable to look away. Jenna then appeared surprising me even more as she walked over to Wilden, whispering something in his ear causing his eyes to gleam with more amusement.

Jenna and Wilden together? I asked myself but the voice sounded distant. At the moment I could barely hear my own thoughts. The space that I could have so easily taken filled as the cameras moved in closer, blocking my view.

"Everyone back up!" I heard someone yell. The cameras stopped and I followed everyone gaze towards the entrance of the café to see a man standing there. With every step he took there was a path created until he reached me, grabbing my wrist and pulling me out of the café.

"Who are you?" I asked him once we were outside, the fresh air feeling amazing as always. He looked down at me with his brown eyes and smiled,"Call me Charles." with that said he began walking off as if nothing had just happened.
"Charles?" I asked, he turned to face me curiously. "Thank you for. . . helping me."

"No problem."

Turning on his heels he continued walking away and I didnt stop him this time. I simply watched him disappear around a corner. "Spencer are you okay?" I turned to see Toby standing there worried, dressed in his usual suit. "I came as fast as I could." tilting my chin up he checked every angle of my face to make sure that I was physically okay.

I grabbed his hand to stop his actions. "I'm fine," I assured him. "You didn't have to leave work to come all the way down here." he narrowed his eyes a little,"I don't work on Saturdays you know this already," he reminded me. "When my mom called I was trying on suits for tomorrow's meeting, it's really important I have to make a good impression."

Marian walked over to us and sighed in relief once she seen me. "Toby I think it would be best if you drove Spencer home, I have to put a handle on the paparazzi situations," she huffed while rubbing her temples. "Their starting to get out of hand." she walked off towards her car and I followed Toby to his.

Once we got inside I frowned breaking down my wall as tears poured out of my eyes. "Do you want to see her before we go home?" I shook my head quickly. "I don't want to see her in the state that she's in now," I cried softly. "Can we just go home?" he started the car, slowly backing out the parking. "Of course." he responded.

I continued to cry softly until we had made it to the house, then I went straight to my room wanting to be alone but I could tell by how close behind Toby was falling me I knew he wouldn't let that happen. Opening my door, I noticed the envelope from earlier sitting on my bed and I grabbed it, crawling onto the bed.

Toby closed the door behind himself then made his way over to me. "I'm sorry I broke my promise." he said sitting down next to me. I shrugged my shoulders nonchalantly. "Its fine," I admitted wiping away the remainder of my tears. "Your intentions were there."

"Stop," Toby demanded causing me to look up at him with confusion. "Your holding back your emotions, crying isn't a bad thing." I shook my head,"I'm fine." he pulled me to his chest and said the one thing that tore down my wall completely, leaving all the pieces to burn to ashes by the fire which consumed it.

"Are you okay?"

Toby POV

I hated it when Spencer cried but I wasn't going to let her emotions get bottled up like this it wasn't healthy. I gently rocked back and fourth not caring that she was soaking my suit with her tears.

"Toby?" she managed to get out, tightening her hold on me. I shushed her silently,"I wont let you go." I assured her, also tightening my grip on her petite body. We sat like this for quite some time before her crying had died down to a stop. Pulling away I looked into her red puffy eyes and frowned seeing that she had lost a bit of color inside of her brown orbs that I usually read like a story.

"I'm sorry." she murmured, running her fingers along my wet suit stains. I kissed her forehead feeling as she shivered from my touch. "It's fine, your tired so take a nap," I grabbed the envelope. "Your father wants you to read this and I. . . I think you should." she took the envelope from my hands and began opening it.

I grabbed her hand to stop her. "After you take your nap." I stated. Sighing she placed the envelope on the dresser then laid down, her eyes fluttering shut the moment her head hit the pillowhi stayed a little while watching her sleep to make sure that no nightmares were to come her way. Gently, I lifted her arm pulling off one side of her jacket then I did the same for the other, tossing it onto the couch.

I removed her shoes as well putting those neatly in her closest along with the rest of her shoes. Last, I grabbed a spare blanket that always rest at the bottom half of the bed and pulled it onto her. Her hand moved to her stomach and I couldn't help but smile. So beautiful, I thought to myself before I left the room to leave her to sleep in peace.

"Toby I found something." Caleb told me as I entered the living room. Sitting down next to him I looked at the computer and there were a bunch of codes that I didnt understand. "What is this suppose to be?" I asked. He sighed,"I guess those computer hacking classes weren't dumb after all it was just you." I glared at him but he ignored it.

"Whoever is sending the girls these messages is definitely in this building but there are more than just one phone," he explained. "What I don't understand is how all four phones could share the exact same number."

"What number- there is no number- the only thing it says is blocked." I told him. It was his turn to glare at me but just as he did I ignored it feeling satisfied as he became more ignored by this. "I have one name but the others remain a mystery." I waited for him to finish but he didnt. Someone knocked on the wall and I already knew who it was. The only person I knew who would ever do that.

Caleb and I both stood up turning around ever so slowly. "What do you want. . . Jenna."