Menacingly

There was only one word that I could use to describe this morning and that was unforgettable.

It was definitely impossible to forget, very memorable. I never wanted it to end but my stomach had a different idea in mind.

Toby chuckled giving a lovely display of his amazing- contagious smile before pulling me out of the crowd.

"Sorry to cut this short but we have a schedule and its not very flexible." he announced using the pad of his thumb to wipe away the single tear that had shed.

I could honestly stare into his gorgeous eyes forever and just get lost. No one has ever made me this happy before, I thought to myself.

Toby's smile had grew much larger than the last. "Glad I was the first." he mumbled. My face heated. "I didn't mean to say that out loud." I admitted.

He intertwined our fingers together, leading me towards the kitchen table. "I on the other hand am glad you did," he shrugged leaning closer to my ear. "Besides, I'm the only one who heard it."

He let go of my hand then pulled out a chair motioning for me to sit down.

"Thanks."

I sat down and Toby took the seat to my right since the seat to my left was occupied by Emily.

"Spencer?" Hanna asked grabbing my opinion. "When you get back we have to go somewhere and celebrate your birthday as a whole group."

I cocked my head to the side. "I'll keep it in mind until I know where somewhere is?" I replied almost cautiously. "I'm not much of a party person."

She replied with a single head nod but I doubt she had been listening. She seemed more concentrated on the chocolate chip pancakes.

I reached for my cup of orange juice but stopped myself from drinking it as a smell made its way to my nose.

Orange wine.

I sat the cup down and took a deep breath. Thankfully no one had noticed my reaction so I didn't have to explain myself.

There would have been no good ways to put the situation in. Sorry, I don't drink wine because my abusive father does and not to mention this is his favorite. Just thinking it in my head sounds rude.

As everyone conversated, I ate my pancakes quietly every now and then pretending to be engrossed in the conversation with the girls.

"Mr. Cavanaugh and Mrs. Cavanaugh your car is here." a worker says from the door way. Before I could correct him he had walked away.

"Why-"
"I can answer your question before you even ask it," Aria says pulling out her phone. "Apparently one of the paparazzi crews had got a picture of you and Toby out on the balcony shoving your tongues down each other throats."

I blushed turning to look at Toby who was trapped in his thoughts. Ezra and Caleb snickered silently.

"We have to go." Toby says getting up from the table and making his way out of the room. I got up ready to follow in pursuit but Caleb stopped me.

"When you picked up your drink you kind of spaced out a bit," he paused. "Is everything okay?"

I nodded. "Everything is fine I was just thinking about some stuff but I'm fine."

He looked at me knowingly but released my arm. "Have a safe trip." he smiled.

"Thanks."

I jogged outside and Toby was on the phone pacing back and fourth speaking rapidly making it hard to keep up.

He looked up at me then placed the phone to his chest. "Get in the car." he demanded but it was soft and serene.

"Toby-"

"I just need to finish this call so please. . . get in the car." he interrupted. I frowned but complied to his wishes.

I watched him pace back and fourth for at least ten minutes. "He's always been like this." the driver tells me, fixing up her jet black hair inside of the rear view mirror.

"Really?" I asked and she nodded. "How long have you worked for Toby?"
"I've been with Toby for three years but this bitch took my job," she turned to look at me. "But I'm back now and things will soon be the same."

I nodded as if I understood her story. "Nice to meet you I'm Spencer Hastings." I put emphasis on the last name.
"That's a beautiful name, I'm Vivian." she smiled sincerely. "So tell me. . . how did you end up working for Mr. Cavanaugh?"

I opened my mouth to respond but Toby had opened the door and I scooted over giving him space to enter.

Of course I had questions but I didn't want to ask any of them. He seemed a bit out of character at the moment so I didn't test it.

The ride to the airport hangar. From a magazine that I have read while being trapped in my food bedroom this airport hangar belonged to the Cavanaugh's and it was even said that this was made by the family themselves.

We exited the car and I followed Toby to the one of two private jets. It was extremely beautiful. Everything was either black, beige, or silver, there was a flat screen TV on a wall, and there was four couches.

"Through that door is the bathroom and through that one is the kitchen." Toby explained pointing to the doors I hadn't took time to notice.

I turned around to face him fully even though he want looking back at me. "What's wrong?" I frowned.
He simply shook his head in response.

He doesn't want to talk about it, I told myself.

"Be seated until further notice, we are about to take off in ten seconds- Be seated until further notice, we are about to take off in ten seconds." a computer like voice says.

I sat down on the couch grabbing a pillow and holding it on my lap. This would be my first time going into the air. I felt nervous as I listened to the time tick down to the very last second.

I closed my eyes gripping onto the pillow secretly praying that everything would turn out just fine. When I received a notification I got even more scared.

"Spencer?" Toby asked grabbing my arm. "Open your eyes." I shook my head.
"Open your eyes." he repeated.

After he repeated it a fee more times I finally opened my eyes. "We're alive?" I mumbled. Toby chuckled but nodded anyways.

"Everything is gonna be fine I promise," he said. "Do you trust me?"

Trust me?

Those words just in general meant more than he was letting on. After not answering for a while he began pulling away hurt flashing in his eyes.

I jumped into his arms quickly. "I'm sorry I do, I trust you a lot." I said looking into his eyes so that he would know that I meant it.

He moved forward, his lips gliding across mine to purposely tease me.

I just wanted to move forward and take over but there was something holding me back from doing it.

"Lets watch a movie." he told me. I nodded my head licking my now dry lips. His eyes flickered towards the scenery then back up to me.

"Don't do that." he murmured last before turning on the TV.