Menacingly

I could see the suspicion in Lucas eyes after I said what I had said. Without saying anything he had left the room and I felt awful.

If he was to ever know then it would only lead to more questions, I could hardly deal with the questions that were being tossed my way already.

There was a knock on the door breaking the eye contact Lucas and I had held for a while now and I sighed in a relief as I went to answer it, he hadn't stopped me.

Opening the door I was almost surprised to see Aria standing there but then I remembered that today was the day I told the girls about all of the strange messages I have been receiving but now wasn't the time.

I could tell by the way Toby had stared at me once I had announced I would tell them that he would like it if he was here when I did.

I wasn't complaining, I didn't actually think that I could explain everything on my own.

"Why is Lucas here?" she asked as she stepped into the room with a tray of food in her hand. "Does he know?" she whispered to me.

I shook my head honestly, managing to ignore the smell of the food. "I want to keep it on the low," I admitted. "I'm sure that this person is working on the inside so there isn't really much people I can trust."

"I'll just leave you two to talk." Lucas said suddenly. I nodded my head as he made his way out, closing the door behind himself.

"I understand," Aria said. I turned my head giving her a questioning look but she just shook it off. "I also have something I want to tell all of you and since we'll all be together I think it will be easier to get it off of my chest."

"Is it bad?"

"Once you hear the news you can answer that for yourself." she replied almost in a whisper, sending a shiver down my spine.

Turning on my heels, I made my way over to the bed once again and glanced at the clock that read 5:38p.m.

"Had I really slept for that long?" I asked and she shrug her shoulders.
"I thought you were at work but then Toby called asking if I could check on you," she said. "Apparently you weren't answering any of his calls."

I raised an eyebrow confusingly. "I didn't get any calls from Toby." I grabbed my phone and began checking through my call logs.
"Maybe you should call him and let him know your okay," Aria suggested, sitting the tray of food down onto the bed. "He sounded like he was going to send a whole SWAT team to make sure you were okay."

I chuckled,"I highly doubt something like that would ever happen," I placed the phone on my ear. "I don't think he will-" I was cut off by his worried voice.

"What the hell Spencer, I've been calling you for the longest I was starting to get worried- is everything okay baby?" he asked me. I raised a confused eyebrow. He's bipolar, I thought to myself as I responded.

"I'm sorry I had barely woke up a few minutes ago and I'm feeling better than I did earlier." I told him and he sighed.
"That's good," he replied. "No nightmares I'm assuming?"

"No but I did remember something that happened when I was younger that I want to talk to you about."

"Can it wait until I get back?" he asked me. "I don't think I have much time."

"Yeah it can wait I'll see you later." we bid our good byes before hanging up. I turned around and yelped when I turned to see that Lucas was back.

"I'm sorry but I have to ask," he sighed taking a step back. "I was your first friend here and it just seems as if you don't trust me. . . can I ask why?"

I frowned at the look on his face as he said this. "Lucas I can't talk to you about this." I admitted in a half whisper.

"But you can talk to everyone else?" he asked rhetorically, clearly holding back a scuff. "Their not your real friends-"

"And you are?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest. His eyes softened and he opened his mouth to say something else but I quickly cut him off. "Just leave me alone."

"I can't exactly do that it's either me or Dean-" I cut him off once again.
"I prefer Dean then."

I surprised both of us as I said this but he made no room to argue as he grew angry. "You know what Spencer, fuck you."

With that said he exited the room, slamming the door shut behind him. I flopped down onto the bed almost wasting the bowl of chicken noodle soup.

I had no idea why I reacted the way I did, I would never react like this any other time and now shouldn't have been any different.

My stomach growled for the umpteenth time this minute and I finally sat up right and began eating my thankfully hot food.

My dream replayed in my mind trying to grasp this new information. So Dean is actually Wilden and he's my fathers boss but what happened that day that changed the next- I cut my thoughts off with another. Ian has to know what happened I know I can talk to him if I can get him alone but how? Toby would never let me go near Ian and going behind his back isn't an idea I'm fond of so I have to get him over here.

I finished my bowl of soup that hadn't filled me all the way then got off of the bed to pace around.
"How can I get him over here?" I asked myself. Get who over here? My conscience asked. I stopped pacing after a while once I bumped into a wall.

"Are you okay?" Caleb asked extending a hand out to me. I took it and was lifted off of the ground. "Get who over here?"

I then realized that it wasn't my conscience that had asked the question but I was too confused to answer it.

"What are you doing here I thought you was helping Miranda and why do you look like you've saw a ghost?" I asked him. "Did something happen?"

"I failed," he admitted turning away from me. "I failed Miranda after she put all of that trust into me Spencer I failed her."

"How did you do that?"

He turned back to face me again and there was tears in his eyes. "Miranda is gone," he told me. "She's dead and its all my fault."

I moved closer placing a hand on his shoulder. "What did you do?"
"I thought I did everything right but it was wrong and to make matters worse before she died I-I kissed her," he paused. "I don't want to hurt Hanna- I don't even know why I kissed her- it just happened I was scared and I've been calling Toby to no avail."

"Caleb stop wait a minute," I said. He hadn't began crying yet but all of the frustration seemed to have been eating him alive as he spoke rapidly. "Now tell me. . . what did you do?"

He looked me straight in the eyes and he began backing away. "She told me to leave her behind and I. . . I listened."