Chapter 1

IM BAAAACCCKKKKKK!!!! :D
-TristinM
___________________________ _. _______

I let out a laugh as Ethan tackled me to the ground,
"Oh shut up Ethan!" I playfully growled out as I shoved him off of me and pulled some twigs out of my hair and fixed my grey scarf and breathed out a heavy sigh through my nose.
"Oh don't get butt hurt!" he teased back to me, I just rolled my eyes and scanned the woods. it was a foggy morning so the chill from the night still lingered in the air, when I would breath out you could see my breath.
"I'm not! but if you ever try and take my shoe again I'm going to shove it down your throat!" Ethan just smirked at me and playfully put his hands in the air in mock surrender.
I glared at him the whole time as I slipped my maroon colored vans back on.
When I had finally got them all laced up again I let out a happy puff of hair and smiled at Ethan, he had defiantly become one of my best friends in the past 6 moths.
Now fall had made its way to our cozy town and was splashed with bright colors of red, orange, and yellow. The air was always filled with the smell of leafs and had a slight chill to the usual warm weather.
It was august now, time had really flown.
If you think about it... it was only last September when I was bit by the wolf, then I moved In with my old pack in January, then had moved out in March.... now it's September once more.
It has been half a year sense I have talked to Derek and his pack, and my heart cries out for him more and more every day.
"You okay?" my head snapped up and I looked and saw Ethan had been staring at me,
"Oh, yeah. I'm fine." I gave a fake smile in reassurance but Ethan wasn't buying it.
"Is it about tonight?" I scrunched my eyebrows together,
"What's tonight- oh! no, I'm not nervous about that!" I had completely forgotten what tonight was.
The last day of summer vacation.
A year marking the night I was bitten.
It was also the night that my calling for Derek would be at its peak.

My uncle had talked to me about it a lot in the past few days, it was something that happens to every wolf that was bitten, the year mark is the night that if the wolf had its mate it would go and be with it, or if the wolf hadn't found its mate yet... it would go find it.
"Look you're going to do just fine! Your uncle is going to do everything in his power to make sure that you don't go back to Derek." I smiled softly at Ethan,
It wast seeing Derek that I was afraid of... it was confronting him, and the pack that backed him up.
"I know I'm going to do fine Ethan! that's why I keep telling you I'm not worried, so explain to me again... if after it's been a year marking and a werewolf hasn't found it's mate yet... why isn't every werewolf with there mate? they end up with them eventually so how is it that you some times see a wolf with no mate?" I kicked the rock that was under my door and sent it flying about 7 feet away, Ethan sighed.
"Things happen... sometimes the other wolf dies, or even refuses the connection." I look over at Ethan with a curious look,
"Refuse the connection?"
"Yeah but you already accepted the connection with Derek! it can't be undone." Ethan quickly says, I scoff an roll my eyes.
"That's not why I was asking that Ethan." I grumble, "I just didn't know if it was possible.... Derek never told me anything like that." Ethan laughs,
"Well duh, you honestly think he was going to tell you a way to get out of being mates, as if." I shove his shoulder slightly and sit down on a log that was resting on the forest floor.
"I'm actually pretty scared Ethan." I tell him, facing forward but watching him from the corner of my eyes as he sits down next to me,
"Don't be. you're uncle has this all under control. he's not going to to let you leave." I sigh and slump my head down,
"Derek. he's expecting me tonight." I turn so I'm facing Ethan, who is shaking his head
"Yeah, but he's not going to get you." I smiled at his and rested my head in his shoulder.
"I don't think I could face him." I mutter truthfully,
"Well you're not going to have to. you'll have the pack, and that's all that matters." I smiled at the alpha next to me and extended my hand to him as he pulled me off the log and we headed home. but the whole time the truth was knocking at the realistic part of my brain... begging to be let in.
And that truth was that I was going to have to face Derek tonight.
I knew it deep inside.
And that's what scared me the most.

__________

Tell me what you think(:!