Chapter 4

It's been two weeks, and I haven't eaten one bite of food. Alexander stares at me with a scowl on his face, "You have to eat sometime."

I glare at him in response, which only makes him to "order" me to eat, but to no avail. "You need to stop being so childish."

"You need to stop treating me like a child! I'm tired of being dragged around like a rag doll. You can't keep pushing me, and yelling at me, and forcing me to do things!" I glare at him and his face shines a bit of shock and hurt, but he quickly covers it up.

"Well until you give me a reason to treat you like an adult I have no choice than to treat you like the child you are." With that he storms out of the room, leaving me alone in the large house.

I hear his car drive off, and my mind starts functioning normally again. I'm tired, I'm alone, I need to get out of here, and most of all I'm hungry. I crack open the door, to see the floor completely empty. I make my way to the staircase, and quietly walk down it not wanting anybody to see me.

To my surprise even the bottom floor is empty, so I relax a bit and head towards the large kitchen. I open the fridge and start searching for something to eat.

"Ah, the dead walks." I freeze and turn to see a guy with dirty blonde hair and grey-blue eyes. He smirks at me and reaches to open the fridge. "I'm Isaac by the way. The Beta."

The beta, well crap now he's probably going to blabber to the Alpha telling him I left the room. As if he knows what I'm thinking he pulls out some food them faces me calmly, "Don't worry, I wont tell the Alpha, besides you need to eat." He walks over to the counter, "Sandwich?"

"Uh, yes please." I smile sheepishly and make my way to the island. I take a seat and watch as he makes us both a sandwich.

"So how old are you?"

"Uh, eighteen."

"Wow, so you were pretty close to the impossible fate too huh?" His facial features are friendly, and I can tell he's a good guy, despite who he's beta for.

"Yeah, my uh, my dad actually talked to the alpha of my old pack and they were about to announce me as the alpha's son's chosen."

Isaac freezes and a small growl escapes his lips. "And you were going to let them?" I shrug, feeling stupid about the whole thing.

"Uh, I don't know. It wasn't really my place to argue with the alpha, and I was getting close to not finding my mate at all, so I thought I just wouldn't fight it ya know? To make them happy." I look down, embarrassed.

He lets out a breath, "Pssh, that's probably why Alexander's so angry."

I look up confused, "What do you mean?"

"Well, if I wait seven years for my mate and find her as a chosen to another alpha I'd be pretty upset. He probably feels like you didn't want him."

"Yeah, well the way he's acting so cold, I would guess he didn't want me either." I mumble forgetting he's a beta and can hear me better than most werewolves.

He shrugs and hands me my sandwich. He gives me an apologetic smile, "Yeah, but the goddess must have put you guys together for some good reason right? Maybe you could melt the cold alpha I call my best friend." He nudges me, making me giggle. "You should probably hurry and eat that before the alpha comes back."

He winks and I nod, taking a bite of the heavenly sandwich touching my taste buds. Oh how I love food. I finish the rest of my lunch, and rush up the stairs once Isaac and I hear Alexander's car engine drive up. I run into the room, and jump on the bed, making it look like I've been sitting there the whole time.

Moments later, Alexander enters the room with a black box in his hands. I eye it suspiciously and he remains emotionless. He hands me the box, and my wolf urges me to open it, but my conscious screams at me not to nervous of what could be inside. I open it to find a black collar with his name engraved in it in white letters.

My eyes snap up to him wide and confused, "What is this?" My palms start to sweat.

"Have you ever herd of a wolf collar before?" He slowly makes his way towards me.

"Yeah, they were invented by the witches to help keep wolves under control." I itch to pick it up, but I don't as if I did it would burn me. "But- I – I thought they were only scary stories parents would tell their children to be sure they behaved."

I look up at Alexander and the wheels in my head start turning. My eyes grow wide and my wolf whimpers as our mate stares back at us. I drop the box immediately, and my eyes involuntarily start watering.

Alexander's POV

"But- I- I thought they were only scary stories parents would tell their children to be sure they behaved." I watch as the words process in her head and my heart aches at the look appearing on her face. She drops the box as it were on fire, and she looks at me with a broken look in her eyes.

A tear falls, and I instantly rush to her side to comfort her. I hug her, and run my fingers through her hair, "Shhh shhh shhh." I rock her back and forth as she silently cries. I don't want to do this, but I need a mate and as much as I want her to love me, I'll risk it all just to have her by my side.

I can't stand it when she speaks to me with hatred in her voice; it only reminds me that I took her away from her chosen. It reminds me how she'd rather have a chosen than be with me, and that makes my wolf's blood boil. If there was anyway for her to love me on her own then I would prefer it, but that can't happen until she bonds with my wolf instead of distancing herself tearing us farther and farther apart.

"Please don't." Her muffled cries wouldn't be able to be heard by any other wolf, but due to my alpha king senses I'm able to hear her clearly. My heart snaps, but my wolf tells me we have to in order for her to be a respectful Luna.

He screams at me to put it on her, but I block him out. I lift my mate's chin gently to get her to look at me, "Gorgeous," She whimpers lowering her gaze. "Baby look at me." She hesitates but looks at me and I hate myself for the pain she's feeling.

"You have to understand why I got this," Her face crumbles, and more tears fall from her face. I hold her waiting for her to calm down.

"You're my mate, and I need you. My pack, and all other packs will crumble if their king doesn't have a queen by his side. Especially if his queen keeps defying every word he says. How can a king rule a kingdom if he can't even handle his mate?" I try to choose my words carefully hoping she won't get angry.

She looks down once again, and I sigh out in defeat, "If I agree not to make you wear this will you please look at me?" Her eyes shoot up at me in surprise, and my wolf feels satisfied as our mate finally listened to us for once.

"R-really?" She looks cautious, but I can see the hope in her eyes.

"Yes, but in one condition." She stares at meunsure, and waits for me to continue, "Stop defying me baby."