Chapter 11

BELL'S POV:

Something besides me moves, and I can hear feet retreating. I open my heavy eyes and watch as the door closes. Everything comes rushing back to me and I immediately reach my hand to my neck. The material of the collar between my hands meets my fingers. He put it on me while I fell asleep. Tears burn my eyes, "No... no no no." I cry trying to pull it off. I curl up in a ball crying my eyes out.

The clouds cover the sky above, creating a gloomy atmosphere. I curl up in a ball, not even caring to take in my surroundings.

"Dove?" His voice is sad, and he slowly sits next to me. "Dove, I'm sorry I couldn't figure out how to get in, he tripled the patrols."

I start to cry, and he wraps me in his arms. "It's not that."

"What's wrong? Belle please..."

I lift my head up allowing him to see the collar that lies on my neck. I keep my eyes closed as a tear slides down my face.

"No. No! This isn't real. Belle, tell me this isn't real." My silence assures him this is true, and his face becomes angry. "I should've been there. I should've slaughtered his patrol, and got to you when you called me."

"It's not you're fault Tobias, it's mine. I should've left with you when I had the chance."

"This why you didn't? Because you knew he would do this to you." I shake my head.

"He thinks just because his father approves of this shitty invention he could use it on his mate. Does he not know what this will put you through?" His wolf comes to the surface.

"I don't even know what he's putting me through. How does this thing work? I mean will it control me like a puppet? Or will it punish me if I don't obey?" My mind races, and warm arms hold me tighter.

He smoothes out my hair, and his face is sad. "It's uh- it'll train you to be obedient I suppose. It'll shock you every time you talk back to Alexander, if you do something he tells you not to do the collar will tighten around your neck until you stop." His face lets me know that's not all.

"And?"

"And uh, when he tells you to do something and you don't do it the collar will slowly burn you skin. Not enough to permanently damage your skin, due to our healing, but enough to hurt."

"I'm never going to be able to truly see you again am I?"

He rests his head on mine, and takes a deep breath, "Not anytime soon, no."

We lie there in the grass, my head on his chest, as he gently moves my black hair out of my tear-streaked face. His blue eyes stare into mine, and my heart melts. He's so beautiful. My hand reaches up and my fingers run through his soft messy black hair. "I don't want to wake up."

His eyes close at my touch, "I know, but you have to. You can't sleep forever."

"Why not?"

He smiles, "Because you have to eat dove. Besides, if you don't wake up on your own, Alexander will get worried and wake you, giving us no chance to say goodbye."

I nod my head agreeing, and he makes me look him I the eyes, "Belle, promise me you will not make him use this on you. Please, try your best to do what he asks. As much as it pains me to say that, it'll kill me to know you actually have to experience the pain this can inflict on you."

"I promise; for you." Sadness shines in his eyes, and he kisses me. It's small, and hard to feel, but I relish in it before I wake up.

The light shining from the window hurts my eyes, and the arms wrapped around me makes me feel like I can't breath. All I want is this arm off of me, and my body far away from his.

"Mmmm don't move, stay here a bit longer." I squirm trying to escape his grip, and the collar tugs at my neck. I promised Tobias. I turn to look at Alexander's sleeping figure, and I want so much to hate him, but looking at him my bond tugs and my wolf tells me it's not his fault, he's not the bad guy.

'His wolf was just afraid. Let him trust us, then he'll come to his senses and see this is wrong. He just loves us.' But if he truly loved us this never would've came to mind. He would've trusted and treated me the way I should be treated.

Green forest eyes greet mine sleepily. The beast has awoken. "Morning."

"Can I go to the bathroom?" My voice is bland, because despite what my wolf says I have my rights to be angry even if it's just for a little while.

He looks hurt but quickly composes himself, "Yes." I quickly push out of bed, and rush to the bathroom. This bathroom no longer looks beautiful as I look at myself in the mirror. Tears involuntarily falls down my face. I don't want this girl in this mirror to be me. I don't feel beautiful, I feel empty. This girl is just a hollowed out puppet with torturing strings.

I quickly wipe away my tears as soon as Alexander knocks on the door, "Belle? Are you alright?"

"Uh, yeah, sorry." I open the door and smile at him. He smiles back, but you can tell he doesn't believe me.

"How about you get ready for the day and you can meet me downstairs for breakfast." I nod my head and he closes the bathroom, giving me privacy to shower in peace.

I strip out of my clothes and enter the shower, hoping it can wash my problems away. The look in Alexander's eyes shows me he truly is hurt for having to do this. Maybe my wolf is right, I can try to cooperate to keep my promise with Tobias, and I can try to be kind for my wolf's sake. I think maybe my wolf could be right; maybe things will work out in the end. I may not be able to see Tobias again, but maybe I can learn to love Alexander instead.

The thought makes me sick, and my wolf whimpers at the thought of us giving up on Tobias, but a part of my wolf shines at the thought of just being able to be loved by one of our mates.

I wrap myself in my towel and head to the closet where my stuff I bought yesterday is. I pull out my bat sleeve chiffon dress. I put it on and adjust the big black belt, making sure the bow is center.

This was my favorite dress out of the selection I bought, and I suppose if I'm going to make peace with Alexander being my mate I have to show him I'm trying. I put on a little bit of lip-gloss and pull my hair into a ponytail. I let my bangs frame my face, and I curl the tips of the loose strands of hair.

I make sure I'm decent enough to come downstairs, trying to ignore the black band hugging my neck. I confidently walk down the stairs and stop when I see Alexander in a white polo shirt hugging his muscles perfectly. His hair is combed back neatly and he looks handsome.

He sighs and smiles, "I wasn't sure if you'd be coming down." He freezes and looks at my outfit. He smiles, but then his eyes drift to my collar, and his eyes go soft.

"I'm so sorry, you have to understand-"

I walk to him and place my hand on his arm, "I get it, this is the only way your wolf can trust me. I just- I trust that you won't take advantage of this."

"Never."He assures truthfully, and I let him hug me.