Chapter 9

We stop in front of the terrifying store, and my palms start to sweat. Red flags and warning bells blare in my head, and I can picture my funeral now. A hand touches my shoulder making me jump, "Are you sure about this?" Isaac looks at me, and I put on a brave face.

"Yeah, of course."

"You don't have to if you're not ready." You can see the apprehension on his face.

"No, I promised him. It's fine you can wait here; I'll be quick. Then we can have fun shopping for normal stuff." I smile; assuring him this is what I want to do. In other words, I was lying to his face, and desperately trying to convince myself I was ready.

I enter Victoria's Secret and it was not a secret to everyone in the store that I was a virgin, and it felt like it's my first time setting foot in this store. I normally just buy bras and underwear to wear for me... I don't- I don't know what's supposed to impress a guy.

A girl walks up to me with a smile on her face. She's probably twenty years old, and she has long blonde hair and shining brown eyes. She looks in all clarity like a genuinely nice person.

"Hey, do you need some help finding anything?"

"That obvious huh?"

She laughs and takes my hands, leading me to the sexy lingerie. "So what's the special occasion?" She smirks and starts picking things for me.

I smile nervously, terrified of the thought on what I'm about to do. The image of Tobias makes me suddenly at ease, and I feel guilty but I imagine like I'm buying these things for him. I smile, blushing, "Uh my boyfriend, he's really sweet, and so I decided to do something special for him for once."

She smiles, and then hands me some of the stuff, "So these would be fantastic on you. Not to sound weird or anything, but I can totally see them on you and trust me your man is going to feel very special tonight."

My face burns red at her words, and she smiles, before another customer asks for her help. I wish it were Tobias I was making feel special tonight.

"I'm sorry Tobias. I wish it were you."

TOBIAS' POV:

I can't do this; my heart hurts at the thought of her feeling so bad. And let's not mention how crazy my wolf is getting, knowing she's living with another man. He's holding something against her, which has to be why she was acting so weird when I asked her to be with me. I couldn't imagine what kind of deal he made her make, but I don't like the idea of it. She sounded so afraid at the thought of breaking her deal with Alexander.

I grab my keys, and storm out to my truck. It's time I have a little chat with my dearest brother. My wolf gets anxious, and I get an unsettled feeling in my gut. I don't normally get this way, so I can't imagine why my wolf would be so uneasy.

'We're going to see her now, calm down.'

'No, I know... something doesn't feel right.'

'I'm sorry Tobias. I wish it were you.' I can feel the sadness dripping from our bond. Why is she apologizing? I try to talk to her, but she shut me out again. My wolf starts frantically pacing in my mind, and I step on the gas pedal. I need to get her, fast.

I speed right past his patrollers, and make my way to the palace. Parking my car, Alexander meets me outside with a scowl upon his face.

I smirk, trying to be calm, "Smile brother, before your face sticks like that."

"What are you doing here Tobias?" I'm here to get my mate, you mutt.

"What am I not welcome here?" I feign my hurt, and he remains stone faced. "Well if you must know, I was dying to see when you and your lovely mate were coming to return for diner sometime. Or perhaps we could have dinner here, I haven't been invited here in well, ever."

"And you never will be invited here Tobias. As for your offer for my mate and I arriving to dinner with you, I think you have had enough time with my mate." He looks at me in disgust, and I take a step towards him threateningly.

"What exactly does that mean brother? Are you jealous?"

He scoffs, "As if I have something to be jealous of. I don't trust you Tobias, not with my land, not with my palace, and certainly not my mate. There's a reason father wouldn't allow you to be king of the packs, and you never will be. So stay away from me and my mate." He spits the words out straight in my face. Anger boils through me, and I loose control of my wolf.

"You can't keep from me what's mine!" My wolf steps to charge, but I quickly struggle to restrain my wolf.

"You own nothing Tobias, you are a mutt who thinks he can rule a scrap pile of pathetic lone wolves. Your pack shouldn't even be called a pack. You're all just rouges, and you may have fooled the council into letting your pack form, but you can't fool me. So I suggest you leave before I send my pack to ruin you and your lovely pack." He grits out, fists bawled up. He's ready to strike, and my wolf is more than willing to tear him to shreds.

"I'm not leaving without getting what belongs to me." My wolf growls not ready to back down.

"Belongs to you? And what exactly might that be?" His eyes and his voice are deadly.

Shit. I can't believe I let that slip. I regain control of my wolf, and regain my posture. "I sure hope you're looking over those papers thoroughly brother, because I know I have." I threaten him, hoping that'll distract him from figuring out Belle is also my mate. He'll figure out soon though, I have to get her out of here before he does.

I sniff the air waiting for her cherry vanilla scent fill my nose, but it never does. Where could she be? Alexander couldn't have let her leave the palace could he? I drive out of his land as fast as possible and try to break Belle's wall.

BELLE'S POV:

My cheeks burn, and tears fall from how much I've been laughing. I have a few bags in the truck shuffling back and forth as Isaac struggles to drive.

I laugh, "Watch- watch out you dummy." He swerves again, and laughs.

"What do you mean? My driving is amazing." Yeah right. I roll my eyes and wipe the small tear droplets from my eyes.

My head throbs, and I know someone's trying to reach through my mind link. I put down my walls unsure why it would be hurting so much.

'Belle? Belle please say you're there.' His voice sounds urgent and it almost scares me.

'Tobias what's wrong?'

'Where are you?'

'I just got done shopping... why?'

'Come be with me Belle. Please, ifany part of you cares for me at all, be mine.'