Chapter 23

Belle's Dress^^^

Tobias's POV:

"What?" After everything he has put her through she can't seriously be considering going near him.

I can feel my wolf starting to rise and I struggle to keep him at bay. Belle grabs my hands and rubs them soothingly. Looking into those beautiful brown eyes all I can feel is love and admiration towards her. She's so pure and innocent. She will truly be an amazing Luna someday.

"I know what you're thinking. But you have to understand where I'm coming from here... I can't just... it wouldn't be fair to any of our wolves if I..." Her eyes begin to well up with tears. I instantly hold her in my arms, placing her in my lap.

"Shh shh shh it's okay love, I understand." I'm lying straight through my teeth and my wolf growls at me in frustration. I never thought it'd be this easy to lie to my mate, but if these are the words she needs to hear to make her happy then so be it.

"I'm sorry Tobias I-"

I hold her face gently in my palms, forcing her to look me in the eyes. "No more of this today okay? This shall be my week and I want to enjoy every minute of it." I smile at her and she forces as small smile nodding in agreement.

'What are you doing you idiot we can't just let her go. He'll steal her away from us. Mark her so she can never leave us. Mark her now.'  My wolf snarls in my head trying to take reign.

'No. If we do that we'll be no better than my brother. If she is to choose us, it must be fair. I know she'll follow her heart and do what's best for her, don't worry.'

I shut Xerxes out and focus on the beauty in front of me. "Bell, love, I was wondering..." I hesitate. Is this the right thing to do? I've been wanting to ask her for a while now, but I didn't want to rush into things too quickly and scare her away. Now with the possibility of her going back to Alexander, I can't afford to make the wrong move.

Her brown eyes and soft pink lips smile at me, showing her kind and loving heart. "What is it Tobias?"

Gah the way my name rolls of her lips so perfectly... I can't bear the thought of losing her. "I was thinking about bringing you over to the pack house to meet some of the pack members. But I understand if you think it's too soon... I don't want to make you feel uncomfort-"

Belle's arms wrap around me as she jumps out of her chair excitedly. "Are you kidding me? I've been waiting for you to take me to the pack house again! I can't wait to meet your pack." Sincerity is held in the words passing her lips, and my heart swells with pride. I'm relieved she's not afraid of my pack. The pack of rouges.

Belle's POV

After breakfast Tobias and I decided to get ready and head over to the pack house today. I can't wait. It feels like forever since I've met any new people. I'm honored that Tobias wanted to bring me, I was afraid he wouldn't want me to meet anyone.

I flatten out my black summer dress and admire the peach colored rose patter in the mirror while Tobias finishes getting dressed. He exits the bathroom and walks behind me, brushing my curls to the side. He kisses my left shoulder softly and whispers gently in my ear, "You look beautiful, my Luna."

His voice is husky, and his words make me freeze. His Luna? My heart fills with joy at the thought, but also with sorrow that it isn't true. I look up surprised, and through the mirror I see dark eyes looking back at me. "Xerxes..." My voice is low and suddenly my mind starts to fog.

Xerxes's hands roam down to my hips and he only hums in response, closing his eyes and taking in my scent. I close my eyes and I can see it perfectly.

Me standing in the middle of pack house surrounded by our pack. The fireplace is burning, and everyone is laughing at a joke someone had just said. Children run around the room laughing and screaming, and Tobias comes up behind me and wraps his hand gently around me resting in on my swollen belly. My heart is filled with joy, completely at bliss.

Xerxes voice breaks me out of my daydream, "That could be us dove. You bearing my mark, holding our pup while our other pups are playing with children from the pack. You would be such an amazing mother to our pups, and the pack." He kisses the nape of my next making me close my eyes enjoying the moment, "What are we waiting for."

My wolf wants to give in, but I can't. I snap out of it and force myself to step away from the man I have grown to love. "Xerxes no... we can't now and you know that." My words receive a growl in response and he takes a step towards me. I stick out my hand to stop him, "I'd like to talk to Tobias now."

His growls become deeper, echoing through the room, "Belle-"

I have to keep my ground. This isn't just about what I want now. I have to see Tobias and Alexander in order to choose who should be the alpha king. It doesn't matter what my heart wants anymore, I have to decide based on what the packs need.