Chapter 10

His voice sounds desperate and my heart pings at his words. If I care for him at all... does he know what I was about to do? He doesn't want me to do it. Even if I did chose to go with him how could I? I'm not exactly a runaway expert.

'I- I don't know how. I'm afraid.'

'Don't be dove, where are you? I'll pick you up and take you home.' Home. That word feels so surreal. He wants to take me to his home. To our home.

'I'm-'

"Alpha wants us home immediately, he sounded urgent." Isaac's grip on the steering wheel tightens, and he pushes hard on the gas pedal, speeding to the palace.

Fear creeps through me, 'I'm almost to the palace.'

'Okay, once you get there, grab anything you need, then sneak through the window, walk straight into the forest he has less guards in that area, I'll meet you there.'

I can't really be doing this can I? Then again it's the only way to get out of mating with Alexander tonight.'... Okay.'

The palace comes into full view, and my mind races. I can't act nervous; everything has to seem normal. I grab my four bags and make my way to Alexander's room, not wanting to run into a horny and awaiting Alexander.

Most of the clothes I bought are fancy clothes that match more of Alexander's approving style. I dump those clothes on the closet floor, and grab the sundress Isaac bought me. I run my hand across the navy blue material, and count the pink flowers.

I fold it up neatly and place it in the smallest bag I had from shopping, which so happened to be the victoria secret bag. Hopefully Tobias won't notice. A loud bang rings through my room, and I turn to the door in surprise. He looks at me with a look I couldn't quite comprehend.

"Oh, Alexander you scared me." I smile and laugh a small laugh. He slowly walks towards me giving me a better view. His eyes are black meaning his wolf was in control.

"Alexander?"

He walks over to his nightstand and pulls out the evil box. Wide eyed I slowly start walking backwards, putting as much distance between me and that box as possible.

No, this can't be happening, I did everything he asked. I never fought with him. He told me I could go shopping. What did I do wrong? "Why?" My voice cracks as my wolf whimpers at the thought of our mate wanting us to wear that thing.

"You're mine." His voice is low and his steps towards me are slow and menacing.

My back hit the wall allowing him to only put a few inches of space between us. "How could you not tell me!" His tone makes me flinch, "You've been mated to my brother this whole time, and you thought you could just keep this little secret from me."

He knows? How on earth could he know? "Please – please don't." Tears sting my eyes as I watch him adjust the collar.

My tone makes him stop, and he looks at me. I look into those forest green eyes, silently begging him not to. "I'm sorry Belle. You're mine and I can't stand the thought of you leaving me for another, especially if it's my brother."

His brother... Tobias! 'Tobias... Tobias, help me.'

'Dove? Belle what's wrong?'

'Please hurry.' I shut him out, and focus on the beast in front of me.

He looks at me with pitiful eyes, "Please, just put it on for me darling." He hands me the black collar, and the white letters become blurry in my eyes.

"I-I'm scared." He leads me to the bed and holds me on his lap. "I don't even know what wearing this could do to me."

He whispers in my ear as is trying to comfort me, "It'll only insure me that you'll be mine darling. It'll prevent you from doing anything you shouldn't do, that's all." I know that's not all, it was invented as a tool to control. Meaning he could tell me to do something, anything, and I'd have to comply.

I can't let him do this, "But- if you do this, I'll never love you." My voice is a whisper, but by the way he flinched I know he heard me. "Please, I- I promise to always be yours. I- I won't leave, I won't fight. We could be together forever, and we could bond like normal mates. Just give me time, please Alexander and we could love each other, actually be in love with each other."

I've always dreamt of a mate who could love me for me. Someone who could make me feel happy and beautiful. If he does this I'll never have a say in my life. I'll never know what it feels like to be truly loved by someone. The thought of my mate just using me makes my heart ache.

Alexander's POV:

She looks up at me, and I look at her apologetically. She closes her eyes and cries into my chest. Her words process through my head and I imagine what it could be like. I can picture her lying in my arms like this, but she's smiling instead of crying. We're siting in the living room, my hand lying on her stomach as she's carrying my heir.

Our first pup will be a girl, just so we can have the excuse of conceiving another for the throne. I'll train my eldest son to take my place, and she'll teach our girls to be just like her. We'll be the family I had always imagined as a kid. She'd love me and I'd love her just as much.

I look at Belle, her tear streaked face sleeping. I pass the image to her and I see her smile.

"Alpha, Tobias has been spotted near the border."

'We have to do it; if we don't we'llloose her and she'll be carrying his pups. He'll take everything from us.'