The hearing

Rose P.O.V

"I don't know if I'm ready to see him again" the words slip from my mouth before I have the chance to stop them. Today's the day of Vince's hearing. The day he'll finally be locked away.

"You've got this, you're a strong girl" Letty reassures me. Making our way to the cars. Heading to the court.

Entering the court room, taking a seat two rows from the front. In between Letty and Leon. The large noise of the doors shutting indicating the hearing will soon commence. Hearing footsteps entering the room, my head snaps up eyes connecting with his. Sending me a smirk as the officers take him to his seat pushing him into his chair before walking over to the the door beside the podium.

The door to the right of the judges stand slides open revealing the secretary before she announces

"All rise for Judge Miller" standing from our seats, waiting to be told when to be seated again. The jury lead into the room before taking a seat on the stand.

"We are here for the hearing of Vince Schulze, for the crime of domestic violence against Rose Ortiz" The judge informs the court.

"How does Mr. Schulze plead?" The judge continues, looking towards his attorney.

"Vince pleads guilty to the crime, and to 12 years of imprisonment " she stands stating the plead deal to the court.

"Is that how you with to plead?" The judge turns asking Vince.

"Yes ma'm" he answers. His voice coming out straight no hint of emotion. I turn to Leon as his hand slips into mine squeezing it before turning back to the scene unraveling in front of me.

"Are you being forced in anyway to take this plead?" The judge asks

"No ma'm"

"Very good, as there is no further evidence I have not seen. I would like to call forward Miss. Ortiz to the podium for questions" standing from my spot I head to the podium.

"Would you be able to inform us on the relationship between yourself and Mr. Schulze for the court?" his attorney request before I begin with the same story I told everyone else. Word for word.

"That will be all" the attorney announces taking place back at her seat.

"You may be seated" the judge informs me as I make my way back over to my spot in the audience.

"The jury will now convene to discuss sentencing" she states. Vince being lead back out the room as we wait for all to return.

Around an hour passes before everything is back to how it was in the court room. Standing as the judge walks in taking a seat

"Has the jury reached a session on the Schulze case?" The judge asks

"We have your honour"

"How do you find Mr. Schulze?"

"Finding him guilty, to his plead at 12 years of imprisonment due to the knowledge on background" the juror announces taking his seat. Silence spreading throughout the court room until the judge speaks up

"Very well, Mr. Schulze you have been sentenced to 12 years of imprisonment on the felony of domestic violence against Miss. Ortiz" She says before the gavel is slammed against the desk. Officers taking Vince back out the doors. Tears rushing down my cheeks before I'm engulfed into a huge group hug consisting of the entire family.

"You're free, you're safe now" Jade's smiles at me as everyone only holds me tighter.