Let's get started on this project

*Rapunzel's POV*
I woke up at 6:30 feeling sad. I know it happened a few years ago, but it still hurts. It still brings down my day.

Today's the day Eugene's mom died.

I got ready for school like usual and saw Mom ready for work in the kitchen. "Hello, flower." She greeted, placing a kiss in the top of my head.

"Hey, Mom." I softly sighed, giving a gentle smile. I had to be strong today. I had to be here for Eugene.

"Sorry, I'm in a hurry today. I have to meet with a client at 7:30 this morning. Help yourself to a bowl cereal. Tell Eugene to have his dad and him over for dinner tonight." She explained as she poured herself a cup of coffee. I sat down at the table, resting my head in my hand.

"What time?" I asked, slightly yawning.

"Well, I won't be done until around 5. I'll still have to come home and make dinner which will take about an hour. So, I guess around 6:30." She said as she grabbed her folders and car keys.

"Okay. Is it okay if I have the boys over tonight and later Elsa?" I asked, hoping she would say yes. I had a lot of things to do. Things that I've been planning with Pascal.

"You can have the boys over till 5:30. Can't you have Elsa over tomorrow?" She asked, raising her eyebrow at me.

"Why?" I groaned, slightly tossing back my head. I needed her tonight.

"Rapunzel, I have to talk with Eugene's father over some very important things." She sighed, her tone warning me to drop it. To keep her from becoming upset, I let it go. There was no point to argue, especially today.

"Okay." I frowned, slightly drooping my head.

"Now, I have to go. I love you!" She exclaimed as she kissed me on my head again. Once she left, I quickly made Pascal and myself some breakfast. I gave him an orange slice and I made myself a bowl of cereal. I quickly ate it and grabbed my backpack.

"Bye Pascal! Be good!" I commanded as I locked the door. I heard him squeak goodbye as I shut the door. I drove to the school and ran to my locker. For the first time, Merida was there the same time I was. Usually, she almost late. "Hey, Merida!" I greeted as I twisted my lock.

"Hey, Rapunzel." She replied, giving me a slight head nod.

"How's it going?"

"Alright. You?"

"Average." I answered, slightly shrugging my shoulder. Merida gave a slight smile. Suddenly, she saw something in the distance that made her smile. I turned and saw Hiccup walking towards her. He made eye contact with her and kept walking. She blushed into a deep red, looking down. "Are you two dating?" I teased.

"Wait!? No, no. We're just friends." She decided, shaking her head at me. Fear was growing in her blue eyes, signaling that I was right.

"Liar!" I laughed as I grabbed my books.

"What?! No, I'm not." She fired back, anger growing in her tone. I decided to let it go. She obviously did want to tell me.

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone." I smiled as I shut my locker. She looked shocked that I found out. I quickly ran to Eugene's locker and waited for him. I had texted Elsa that tonight wouldn't work and I hoped she would understand. Suddenly, I felt someone touch my shoulder. I looked up and saw Eugene with red eyes.

"Hey, Rapunzel." He greeted in a fake smile.

"Did you get any sleep?" I asked worried, gently brushing his locks from his brown eyes,