Honest answer or sweet lie

*Elsa's POV*
I quickly drove my car to Merida's house. I had to tell them about Eugene. I drove down her gravel driveway, dust flying behind me. I parked my car next to Hiccup's green pickup and Anna's dark blue car. I slammed my door shut and hopped up her front porch stairs to her front door. I knocked on the door and was greeted by her mother. "Hello Elsa! Everyone is downstairs." Elinor greeted.

"Thanks!" I said as I walked in. I quickly slid off my white flip flops and walked through the living to get to the basement door. As I turned the corner, I ran into three, trouble making boys. They were carrying a squirrel. How did they catch a squirrel? My thoughts were interrupted as I heard Elinor yell.

"BOYS! YOU WILL TAKE THAT SQUIRREL BACK INTO THE FOREST WHERE IT BELONGS!" Elinor screamed at the top of her lungs. They giggled and ran up to their room. I just giggled and ran downstairs with my friends.

"Elsa!" Anna cheered as I walked down the stairs.

"Hey guys! I have some very important news." I said as I took a seat on the worn out couch.

"What?" Merida asked.

"Well, it involves Eugene." I smiled.

"Let me guess, you said yes to a date with him." Hiccup chuckled.

"Elsa, tell me you didn't!" Merida yelled.

"My sister is going out with the hottest guy in school!" Anna cheered. "Well, second hottest." She muttered under breath.

"Guys, I didn't say yes to a date!" I laughed.

"Thank goodness!" Merida sighed leaning back against the couch.

"Aww and I was so happy for you." Anna frowned.

"Anyways, what were you going to tell us?" Hiccup asked curiously.

"Rapunzel told me something that I think we all forgot." I smiled. Man, I love making them sit on the edge of their seats, begging for answers.

"What? What did we forget?" Merida asked, desperately wanting me to answer.

"Do you guys remember eight grade?" I asked.

"How could we forget? That's the year Eugene bullied Hiccup." Merida said.

"Right, I was a seventh grader." Anna chuckled.

"Anyways, you know how it started around this time." I smiled.

"Yeah?" They questioned.

"Today's the day his mom died!" I yelled. Everyone's faces fluttered between confusion, sadness, and angriness. They were silent for a couple seconds, making me nervous.

"His mom died?" Anna asked looking sad.

"Yeah, don't you remember when Eugene was gone for two weeks? Everyone assumed he was sick but he came back and acted like a total jerk." I said.

"I remember that. I think my parents still have the newspaper that talks about her death." Merida said.

"They have a paper from three years ago." Hiccup asked.

"Yeah, they weren't close friends, but they knew each other. So when she died, my parents kept the paper." Merida said looking through a pile of newspapers. She threw unwanted papers everywhere. Soon, she found the paper and made a huge mess. She shrugged her shoulders and said, "I'll just blame it on the boys." She quickly opened to the page. Sure enough, we saw a picture of his mom and the paragraphs describing her life.

"Lynn Fitzherbert." Anna said, breaking the silence.

"She was a friend to everyone she met. Anyone who knew her could talk for days about the kindness and love she gave them. She was a caring mother, loving wife, and a helpful friend. She was born and raised here in Harrisburg. She grew up here with her loyal friends, Elisabeth (Henry) Frost, Ellie (John) Bjorgman, and Regina Corona. Lynn was an amazing sports player. She played varsity in volleyball, basketball, and track and field as a seventh grader. She has the long jump record and helped her track team win state as a freshman when she won first place at state in long jump. She wasn't only a jumper, but was also a sprinter. She won third place in the 100 meter dash and fourth in the 200 meter dash at state as a junior."