Don't brag

*Rapunzel's POV*
I quickly ran out of my last class. I had to make sure the boys would pick up the gifts. As I was running, I turned the corner and bumped into Jack. "Watch where you're going, Punzie!" Jack teased, softly chuckling.

"Sorry, I just need to make sure you remember to get Eugene's gifts." I panted, rushing my blonde hair from my face.

"I know, don't worry. You just get him to your house and we'll meet you there." Jack assured, giving me a gentle smile. God, I hope he's right.

"Okay, meet you there." I nodded, gently touching his shoulder as I left. I walked to my locker slightly relieved. I felt a familiar hand on my shoulder. I turned around knowing it would be Eugene.

"Hey, Blondie. When do you want me to come over?" He asked, leaning his shoulder against Merida's locker, his face peeking out from behind my locker.

"Right now, you're riding with me." I explained as I slammed my locker shut. I couldn't risk him showing up late or having other plans. I had to make sure he was with us tonight.

"What about my pickup?" He questioned, furrowing his eyebrows at me.

"We'll come back for it later." I replied, shooing the thought away. It would be fine in the school parking lot. No one would really think of stealing it anyways. It wasn't exactly new.

I unlocked my red car and plopped into the driver's seat. I quickly plugged my phone into the aux cord and picked my favorite song. Eugene slammed his door shut and went onto his phone. I was driving out of the parking and noticed he wasn't wearing his seatbelt. "Eugene."

"Yes, crazy?" He asked not looking up from his phone.

"Seatbelt. And I'm not crazy." I replied without taking my eyes off the road.

"I know." Eugene groaned as he rolled his brown eyes and buckled up. I giggled and turned up the volume. Before I knew it, I turned into a rockstar. I was blaring the music at full volume and singing at the top of my lungs. I looked at Eugene and saw him covering his ears.

"Come on, Eugene! I know you love this song!" I shouted over the music, a smile wide on my face.

"No, I don't." He denied, shaking his head at me. A grin played on his lips as he watched me dance in my seat.

"Liar!" I exclaimed. He rolled his eyes and sang along. We were singing as loud as we could and made up crazy dances. As we stopped at stop lights, people in the cars beside us stared at us like we were insane. Before we knew it, we pulled into my driveway. I turned down the volume and shut off the car. "Let's go!" I said as I grabbed my books from the back of my car.

We walked through the front door and found Pascal eagerly waiting for my arrival. "Hey, Pascal!" I greeted. He squealed happily in return.

"Hey, frog." Eugene smiled. Pascal stuck his tongue out at him, just like usual. We walked to the kitchen, looking for a snack.

"Let's see. We have cheese sticks, apple slices, oranges, pears, grapes, and yogurt." I listed as I opened the fridge. There was plenty of food in the fridge, thanks to Mom going to the store yesterday.

"Anything else?" Eugene questioned as he sat down at the counter. He wasn't a picky eater, except when it came to snacks. I ran over to the cupboards to see what else we might have.