Chapter 4: Rosy

I looked at myself in the mirror wearing my black dress ready to go to my best friend's funeral. I was lonely and my only friend was so depressed that she killed herself. I should have tried harder for her to stay with my family. My mom couldn't see how big of a problem it was for her to be going to a new foster home. If only my mom would've said yes to me and Rosy sharing a room, none of this would've happened. Rosy didn't even have her parents at her funeral, because they had gotten into a car crash when she was five.

I walked down the stairs and hopped into the car to go to the funeral. I didn't want to go to this funeral in the first place. Who wants to go to there best friend's funeral? Not me. It would be nice to go though, because she was my bestie. When I arrived at the church not a lot of people were there, which disgusted me. Rosy deserved the best, and this was not even close.

                                                                                              ***

After the funeral, I ran into my room crying my eyes out. I decided to get the ouija board out to try to communicate with Rosy, for I hadn't known who the spirit was who had visited me. I began to ask questions like "What is your name?" The spirit began to spell out L-E-A. I was looking forward to talking to Rosy, but I met a female spirit apparently named Lea. We began to have deep conversations. I asked "Where did you live?" Lea kindly replied, "234 Elm Street, Manning, IA." I thought it was a coincidence, but that was my dad's new address.