Chapter 9: Devil In Disguise

While we were talking I brought up the ouija board. Jake thought it was funny and made me play it. We lit candles and placed them around it. Jake asked the ouija board "Do you like us?" The spirit said "Yes." I asked, "Is this Lea?" The planchette moved to "Yes."

"Oh, come on Serena, you're pushing it," Jake said teasing me. "And who's Lea?"

I looked at him with stubbornness in my voice. "I am not!" I said as I elbowed him in the side. "Lea is my friend from the other side," I kindly responded.

He laughed. "You know the devil can pretend to be other people right? They call it The Devil in Disguise," he said, still laughing. He suddenly stopped his smirking and a look of terror flowed over him.

Suddenly, all the candles extinguished, and all the lights in my room went out. None in the house though, of which I thought was strange. Jake and I held hands in the eerie, pitch black of night. The next thing I know, I see brilliant blue eyes piercing through the darkness. Jake sees it too. We both clearly remember seeing a pale figure of a girl with blond hair just like me. I could tell that it had my same height, weight, hair length, and so on. Was this Lea, or truly The Devil in Disguise?