Chapter 7: Not So Lonely

I waited for Jessica to come out of the school so we could walk to a thrift shop that's about a block away. As Jessica walked out of the building, I noticed that she was holding hands with Jake. I'm not saying I still like him, but you know. It was a little awkward seeing my ex with my friend. Jessica and I worked together at the store where I found the ouija board. We never really talked other then when we had too. Jessica said goodbye to Jake and we headed towards the thrift shop.

We arrived and everything had looked the same since the last time I came. Jessica and I tried on some bikinis, high tops, and of course, dresses. I felt like I had been reunited with my best friend, but I couldn't help not to think about the last time I'd been in here.

It was about three years ago when I was thirteen. I had my mom drop off Rosy, Jake, and I here. Jake and I were still together at the time, but we broke up after he joined the football team. While Rosy tried on dresses, Jake had watched me try on dresses for the valentines dance that we were going to. I picked out about a thousand different dresses while Jake sat on a brilliantly sewed cushion. Rosy had tried on every single one that I didn't like. I loved how the sunshine just glowed upon our smiling faces. It took a while, about an hour, to find the right one. My dress was a sky blue, sequined dress that went down to my knees. Rosy wore a violet, laced dress that went down to her ankles. Rosy didn't have a date to the valentine dance so I made Jake promise to at least have one dance with Rosy. The dance had been very fun.

Jessica and I picked out about seven total outfits after an hour of shopping. She picked out four, and I picked out three. I wasn't much of a fashionista type of girl, but Jessica was more than I. I'm surprised that she didn't buy any shoes. Or jewelry.

"How's Jake?" I asked Jessica as we were paying for our items.

She shrugged and said, "We're a thing, but I don't like him that much, so I'm going to break up with him tonight." She paid the clerk for her clothes, said thanks, and we left.

I then thought that maybe it wouldn't be such a detrimental thing if him and I got back together. He might be mean, but the old him has to be in there somewhere.