Chapter 5: What Is Going On?

I began to ask, "Were you the person who kept saying my name the other night?" Lea moved the planchette to yes. At that moment I really didn't feel afraid. I had found a new friend, but I thought it was a little bit creepy. Just a little. I began to wish Lea was still alive, so we could do the usual normal best friend things like go to the mall, tell secrets, and have slumber parties, even though these were things I didn't quite enjoy. It then came to Lea and I talking to each other every night through the mysterious ouija board.

One night I began to do my usual routine and got the ouija board out. My mom had come in my room to say goodnight and caught me. I didn't want my parents finding out about it, including Dad, but it was too late. My mom said "Serena Williams! You know those things are dangerous! Throw it away right this instant." I then did as my mom told me to do so I threw it away.

After that, she began to tell me about her experience with the ouija board. She said it helped her find out that she was supposed to have a brother, but he was a miscarriage. She and her older brother talked through the ouija board. At first my mom had said she never knew until he told her. I began to get curious. My mom said she had played it with my dad, and I wasn't supposed to play it alone.

A day passed and I walked into Ilyn's room. She was playing with the ouija board. She was using it as a dance floor for her barbies. I asked Ilyn where she got it. She said that it was on my bed just lying there. 

--------

Isn't Ilyn just weird? And her name is pronounced like "eye-leen." It's just spelled weird. Katie did it. Not me. Anywho...bye.

~Tina