Chapter 12

It was three weeks after Emma and Killian's wedding when Emma started feeling off. She couldn't really explain the feeling, it was just different. Emma was starting to get worried. She had no idea what was wrong with her, but she didn't want to worry Killian, so she decided it would be best if she talked to Regina. She texted Regina around 4:45 saying ...

E: Hey, can we talk?

R: Yah... what's up?

E: I feel off, but I don't know how to explain it.

R: Well... think Emma, what could be wrong?

E: Idk. That's y I txted u

R: Emma? Have you ... ummm... u know?

E: What?

R: You know ... tacos?

E: Umm, yah 

R: Well, are you maybe, late?

E: OMG ... I'm coming over in 15, after I hit the drugstore.

Emma rushed out of the family room and upstairs to grab a jacket. She ran into her bedroom where she put on her blue leather jacket and she grabbed her billfold. "Emma are you okay?" Killian called.

"Ummmm, yeah." Emma lied. "Regina just needs me to come over right away."

"Is she alright, do you want me to come too?" Killian asked very concerned.

"NO!" Emma replied practically running down the stairs. "It has to do with girl stuff, and you wouldn't be much help."

"Oh, okay," Killian sighed.

"Don't worry. I'll be back soon." Emma told him.

"Remember, we have dinner at your parent's tonight." Killian hollard as Emma hurried out of the house.

She drove to the drugstore and picked up a box of pregnancy tests. Then she quickly paid for them and got back into the bug. She drove to Regina's as fast as she could and ran inside. "REGINA? Where are you?" Emma yelled.

"Hey, call down. You need to just breathe." Regina said as she tried to sooth the blonde. "Would it really be so bad to find out that you're having a baby?"

"No, I just," Emma started. "It was different with Henry, you know? No one was ever there for me. I just need to know."

"We are all here for you." Regina told her. "Now, let's go to the bathroom."

Emma followed Regina upstairs into the master bath. They opened the box and read through the instruction, then Regina left the bathroom so Emma could take care of business.

When Emma was down she left the pregnancy test stick on the counter and went out to sit on the bed with Regina. They set a timer for 20 minutes and waited. "So, what are you hoping for?" Regina asked, trying to make small talk.

"I don't know, I mean I would love to have a kid, but I just don't know if Killian and I are ready or if he even wants a child." Emma replied.

For the next 20 minutes they mostly sat in silent. Emma's mind was wandering all over and she just couldn't talk, and Regina didn't want to stress her out more. After what seemed like forever to Emma, the timer rang. They both got up and walked into the bathroom. Emma looked down and on pregnancy stick there was...