Chapter 17

It was time for Emma's 20 week appointment and she was sitting in the hospital room with Killian. They were both so excited to find out the gender of their baby. The nurse walked in and she ran the regular test to make sure that Emma and the baby were still healthy. Then Dr. Whale came in and asked, "Hello guys. So, are we going to find out the gender of baby Jones today?"

"Yes, we would like to." Emma replied as she laid back on the examination table.

Whale put the gel on Emma's stomach. He then used the monitor to smear the gel around as he looked for the baby. When he found their child he stopped moving it. He pointed to the screen and said, "Congratulations, you're having a baby girl."

"A girl, were going to have a little girl." Killian said in joy as he grabbed Emma's hand.

"I'm so excited. I can't wait to meet her." Emma replied.

After the appointment Emma and Killian went to the store to pick up all the supplies they needed to make the baby room. They got light gray, white and pink paint. Emma also picked up some other pink items and baby toys.

The next day they start on the baby room. They had a crib and some plain dressers that needed to be painted, along with the walls. Killian started painting the walls light gray, while Emma changed into something she wasn't afraid of getting ruined. She then began painting the baby crib white and when it was dry she tied some cute little pink bows on it. Emma was feeling tired after painting so she decided to sit in the new rocking chair for a little bit, while Killian finished painting one of the walls. "How, is my beautiful wife doing?" Killian asked as he planted a small kiss on Emma's cheek.

"I'm going fine, the pregnancy hormones are just draining all of my energy." Emma sighed as she played with one of the stuffed animals.

"Oh, well if it helps to think about your like halfway done with the pregnancy." Killian replied.

"Yeah, I guess I am." Emma said before standing up to start on the dressers.