Chapter 1

I remember the first time I got my internship at the number one ranked business. Lean industry. Funny thing. My dad owns the company. His exacts words were, "Faith, you're the daughter of the richest man in Korea. I'm not just going to hand out jobs, just cause your my only child. You have to work for it. Show what Lean's are about. Make me proud." I wasn't planning on having a job 'handed' over to me.

Ever since I was little, my dads had this mentality that I'd take over the company and pursue his dream. But I don't want his dream, I want mine. And my dream is to travel the world and paint every beautiful land scape. But my father says, "Painting!? Painting!?".... Yeah. That's about it. I have a feeling he thinks that just because mom left, he has to make choices for me. I'm a grown woman. I'm 32 for crying out loud. I can make my own choices.

I think this would be different if I had an older brother or sister, or if mom didn't completely disappear from our lives.

**

I sit there in the huge lobby, waiting for my name to be called so that I can be interviewed for a job I don't want. I'm wiped away from my thoughts. "You here for an interview too?" I hear a mans voice next to me. I turn. He's tall, hair slicked back, a straight smile, black suit. "Duh." Is what I wanted to say. "Sure am." Is what I really said. He smiles. "May I sit down?" He asks me. I look down at the empty chair next to me. "Sure." I say.

He gladly sits next to me. "Shawn." He says offering his hand and a warm smile. "Faith." I say taking his hand. "So, Faith, what do you know about the company?"

Faiths notes for interviews:
1. Never tell other people trying to get the same job as you what you know, gives them an advantage.
2. Don't let them know you're the daughter of Lean Heon
*Cause it starts shit.

I bite my lip. "Um. Enough." I say, trying to keep my answers short, so that he can possibly leave me alone. He chuckles. "You nervous?" He asks. No "a bit." I say sitting up straight. He places his hand on my shoulder. "Don't be, you'll do great." He says. I try not to pull myself away from his grip, he's only being nice. "Thanks.. You will too.." I say looking away. "Lean Faith?" Fuck so much for keeping that a secret.

I stand up and I feel all eyes on me, their death stares burning into my skin. "Of course she's going to get the damn job." I hear someone whisper behind me as I follow the lady to the interview room. I walk into the large room that has two men and one woman sitting at a long table. "Ah!! Faith!" They all say. I know these people. I've known them since I was a baby. I bow and they nod to me. I sit down. "Hello." I say forcing a smile.

"So. Faith. We might as well already give you the job. We know you know everything." My smile goes away. "That wouldn't be fair. Let me have the actual interview." I say sitting up straight. "Please." I ask. They all look at each other confused. "Okay. Why are you here?" One of them asks me. My dad forced me.

"I'm here because I want to make a difference in this company, to bring what I know and hopefully acknowledge others." I say confidently, all those hours of practice. Even though I don't believe a single word I'm saying. "What are your weaknesses?" Another asks. "My weaknesses are that I have never worked in a office before but I promise you that I am willing to grow and learn as much as possible." I say. They all smile and nod.