Chapter 19

The sky gray, its the beginning of December.  The sun hasn't peaked through the musky clouds that tower above us. The clouds slowly darken the swirl of intense winds. Giving a sign of heavy rain fall. Its been raining lately, usually it rains before it starts to snow. The side walk moist beneath the souls of my favorite converse.

I cling to my coat as I walk over to the Flower Cafe. I look up and see a familiar face, but it looks horribly ungroomed. Five o'clock shadow, a nasty frown. This mans hair was everywhere, his eyes stared into mine with a tired and dark look I quickly look away recognizing him right then and there. I hear his foot steps stop in place, "Faith?" His voice raspy and I continue walking. Never looking back, not wanting to look back.. Not daring to look back.

That was the last time I saw Shawn. Last I heard, he's a janitor at a near by high school now. Barely making minimum wage. I'll never forget what he did to be that day, actually.. The whole time I never knew him, what he was capable of. And that's a lessoned learned, never forgotten.. Never. I guess its one of those things you learn in life, you cherish good things. But you also cherish the bad, because they teach you lessons. I open the door to the cafe.

"Faith!" I hear at the front desk. "Sandy! What are you doing here!?" I ask. She runs up to me and hugs me tight. "Oh. I heard about how good you said the coffee is here. So I said 'why not', and plus.. Its supposed to rain today. So no other day better that this one." She smiles. I smile back. "Well. I was just leaving. Got to get home to my pups before rain fall. See you at work." She gives me a hug. "Of course!" I watch her leave.

Sandy was really my only friend I made at work, she was so amazing.. And I really do cherish her with all my heart.

From the side of my eye I see another familiar face. She just throws me a glance and walks out the shop, her hands in mittens and her hair in a braid. Her nose pink from the cold and her eyes of hate. I've never done anything to her.. But yet, she still despised me. I see Nari every once in a while.. But I go to a new pet store now. Actually.. Last I heard her store is getting big around Korea. Good for her, she's actually dating again.

But I guess she still hasn't gotten over the whole... Problem between us.

"Faith, you ready to see your father?" She asks. I smile and she hands me my latte. "Let's go!" I follow her to her car and we head to the hospital. My father's condition stays the same. Ever since the day I had found out, he listens to me. Every once in a while, at least twice a week or more I go to the hospital and paint for him. Being that the company is a big hassle.

The assets have changed once I took over, which my father agreed to. Its whole new slogan is, "If you got Faith. You get paid. Lean on Faith" Its cheesy actually but eh, its better than all the other ideas. The new misson is to help people close to the poverty line, helping unemployed people find jobs. Just to help people who can't find a job period. I have actually made the last name Lean a good thing for people to hear, instead of being scared.

"So I saw Shawn a little while ago." I tell my mom as I look out at the gray blur that as become of the sky as she zoomed through town. "Ugh. That boy." She says under her breath. "Have you talked to Hoseok?" She asks. My heart pounds to the sound of his name. "What if he doesn't want to see me? I haven't talked to him, let alone told him how I've felt. I left things on bad terms, he told me he loved me.. And I stormed off, crying like a baby." I pause for a bit.

"And to think I messed it all up with Hoseok because I thought Shawn was a good man.." I sip my warm beverage. "Aye. Faith. Its okay, like I tell you all the time, people make mistakes.. But those mistakes happen so that new doors open for you.." She smiles at she looks out at the road. "And plus. The way you talk about him.. I know you love him just as Much as he loves you my dear." I suck on my bottom lip.