Chapter 17

I sit there in complete disbelief in everything that's left her mouth. "My dad is dying!?" I ask, my hands gripping the table tightly. She nods her head. "You didn't know?" She asks. I shake my head, my eyes watering quickly. I know my dads been nothing but hard on me and completely controlling but losing my father... Is the last thing I thought would happen. "What is he dying of.. I mean.. Like.. How!?" I'm becoming hysterical.. I can't control myself.

"Faith calm down. Please." She touches my hands making me feel safe. "He has prostate cancer. He recently started taking chemo.. But he's too stubborn and rich to stay in the hospital. He refuses... Also being that he owns the biggest company in Korea, he can ruin lives. But he's ruining his own life by not going to the hospital and getting proper treatment." She says. I blink my tears back. "That's why he's going bald.." I frown.

"How did I not notice anything wrong with him?" I bite my lip. "I'm such a horrible daughter." Her grip tightens. "No you're not. Your father is just so hard headed and his ego is much too high for him to realize that he should have told you." The words that stir in my mind make me want to explode.

My eyes quickly water. "I wish you were there. I wish that I had you there with me.. I wish that instead of doing what my father wanted, you were there to stand by me and support me in everything that you said." My tears fall and I see her face break completely.

"I wish I had my mother there, to hug me and comfort me because I grew up with out love and compassion. I didn't have an actual parent figure because my father was never there. For talent shows, recitals, and even art events that I worked hard on." I pause taking in a deep breath, continually hiccuping from lack of air in my lungs.

"I thought you left me because I wasn't good enough... That you didn't love me enough to stay with me.. Or even take me with you.." I know I probably look like I swollen sweaty tomato. "I thought I'd never meet you after you left.." She's crying too, at my words.. That makes me cry even more.

"I tried so hard to contact you Faith... But your father wouldn't allow it." She gets up and sits next me me, her dark chocolate eyes staring into mine. "There were times that I'd wonder what you were doing. And I'd light a little cupcake for you on your birthday..." She looks down and clasps my hands in her warm ones. "I.. I love you so much Faith. You're my only love." I shut my eyes, letting her words sink in. The words I've been dying to hear for so many years.

"I know that.. Maybe its too much to ask for.. Because I've been gone for so many years.." I open my eyes and look at her. "I'd like to know.. And I'm fine if you say no.. But if you'd give me permission to stay in your life.." My heart jumps with joy. I nod my head quickly. "Yes!" I pull her into a hug.

I cry against her shoulder. "I love you mom." I say between sobs. I feel her peck my head. "I missed you so much Faith.. So much. That's why I couldn't wait two weeks to see you.." I smile, "I'm glad you did." I say, hugging her tighter.

**

After a couple of minutes crying we start talking about how our lives been. "So you love him right?" She asks. I stare at her for a while then look down at my drink. "I.." I can't say it. "Just because you're with Shawn?" She asks. I look up and nod. "But from what you told me.. Hoseok seems to be the better match for you. A businessman doesn't seem to be the right element for you." She says. "Maybe you're right..." I let out a breath.

"But.. How am I supposed to like.." My eyebrows knit together. "Break things off with him... Or what if Hoseok changes his mind?" I chew on my bottom lip. "Or what if I'm mistaken... Wha-","Faith.. Calm down. The way you talked about Hoseok.. You couldn't even stop smiling." She says grinning. I feel my face heat up. "No.. I.. Wasn't." I grab my heated cheek. She smiles wider. "Sure." She teases.