Chapter 18

The two months I've been officially with Shawn, I've been thinking nonstop about Hoseok. Wondering what he's been up to, but there was something I was missing. A big chunk of the puzzle. And the worse part, I haven't told Shawn about my father dying.. I've been too hurt with the reality of it. He steps back from me. "Faith.." I look at him. "Yeah?" I ask.

"I said I love you.." He repeats himself. My eyebrows knit. "I know.." I whisper. He tilts his head. "Do you not love me?" He asks. I bite my lip. "I know its hard right now and all with your fathers condition.. But you can't let it come between us." I nod in agreement. Then I look at him weird. "What do you mean my dads condition? I never told you about that." I bite my lip in anger.

"Wh.. Who?" He scratches the back of his neck. "Who!? Who!? Are a fucken owl!?" I tilt my head. "My father you twat!" He bites his lip. "I almost had you Faith. I almost had." He crosses his arms, his tone was different.. It wasn't the Shawn I knew. The caring, sweet and soft toned Shawn. He was sounding a bit like my father. I then think about everything. It made sense.

"You make things a little bit too obvious Shawn. Getting closer to my father two months ago." I shake my head. "You're all too easy to read. I should have seen it earlier." I say. "Oh yeah?" He asks, his expression softens to a face I've never seen before on him. I nod. "So. Let's say.. I'm easy to read.. What else can you read off of me? Huh?" His tone was very different, a bad different. Who was this man who stood in front of me? My eyebrows knit in confusion.

"See.. If you were as smart as you say you are. You would have been able to predict all the things that have already happened. Or at least was aware of them when they were happening right in front of you." He chuckles.

What is he talking about?. "See.. Your father and yourself are much alike.. That's why you two made it easy to manipulate the both of you at the same time, to get my way with everything I did." He smiles crookedly. I'm almost terrified. "You bastard." He let's out a laugh. "Watch your mouth princess. I thought you were much smarter than that. I really did." He shakes his head and bites his thumb.

"So you did know my father was dying." He smiles at my words. "I knew much more and have done much more than you've known." He shrugs. "But hey. It was a good run while it lasted. I really almost had you." He tilted his head as if trying to intimidate me.

"I want to know everything." I demand, standing my ground. He puckers out his bottom lip and fakes a sad expression. "Awe. Faith. I don't know if you'd be able to interpret all of those things." It taken back. "Wait.. What? All those things?" I ask. He chuckles that sound I've grown to hate in the past 6 minutes he's been standing here. "Faith.. I can't tell you. It'll ruin everything for me." I walk up to him and grip his tie, his eyes widen in surprise.

"You fucken tell me right now or I'll beat you so hard you'll see the light flash before your eyes." I lift a fist.

"Fine..." He rolls his eyes like a teenage girl. I step back and lean against the door, not giving him the access to walk out. I wanted to hear everything. "Well.. The easiest I can tell you is that I don't love you." Well.. Shit right off the back, that hurt a little. "You don't love me. You just say it just like that. Two or even a minute ago you got all worked up when I didn't say 'I love you' back." I say. He chuckles.

"What? You thought I actually did? How pathetic. Its much to easy to play with you Faith." I force back tears. "How can I not think that?" I ask. He shrugs. "There was a time where I thought you were attractive.. But I mean. Eh." He shrugs again. I bite my lip. "Go on." I order. He points to Oliver who lays on his little fluffy bed. "I'm not allergic to dogs. I just hate them so much." My jaw drops.