Chapter 5

"Faith??" He calls me again. I bite my lip. "Shawn?" I ask not recognizing his appearance right away since I'm used to seeing him in a suit and his hair slicked back. His hair was messy, like he had just woken up. And he wore torn jeans with an over sized hooded sweater. He nods to the sound of his name. "So.. Have you moved your stuff into your office yet?" He asks me not acknowledging Hoseoks existence at all.

I shake my head slowly looking away from him, not wanting to discuss the Industry in front of Hoseok being that he doesn't like my dad, the company, and he doesn't know I'm the daughter of the man whose apparently ruined his life. "Well.." He says saving my gaze. "Have you thought about my offer?" He asks.

Right away I feel awkward to the thought of him asking me out after our breakfast interaction, I'm not a very sentimental person, and I don't really get flattered by being asked out by completely strangers so quickly. I know what you're thinking, "Hoseok technically asked you out." That's different. And plus! Its also awkward at the fact that I'm having breakfast with Hoseok and he just comes barging into it.

"Would you consider having dinner with me sometime?" He asks me. I bite my lip not knowing how to respond. "Yes?" He asks. I look down at my black heels that click against the sidewalk as we walk up to my father's company. "I'll think about it." I say in a low whisper as I bite my lip. He grins. "I really want to get to know you Faith.. You're a mystery.. And I like mystery." He says.

I'm back to reality. I haven't thought about that at all, I've been.. "Faith?" His voice interrupts my thoughts. My eyebrows go up and I hum in response. "I was asking if you've thought about my offer." He asks as he forces his hands into the front pockets of his jeans. I throw my hands back and pull on my pony tail bringing the elastic closer to my head. "Shawn. This is Hoseok. Hoseok this is Shawn." I say forcing Shawn to look away from me.

"Hi." Is all he says barely glaring at him, not even offering a hand to shake. "Hi.." Hoseok says quietly, and I feel bad about putting him in this position. "Faith, may I have a word?" He asks. "Please excuse me.." I say getting up from the table. Hoseok just nods at me.

**

"Faith.. I haven't been able to keep my mind off of you.." He says. My eyebrows knit. "But we barely know each other." I say. He takes one hand out of his pocket to run it through his hair. "Like I said.. I like mystery." He says. My heart pounds. "Why me?" I ask. He bites his lip. "There's just something about you." He says. "I.." He interrupts me. "Wait.. Is that Hoseok guy your boyfriend?" He asks sounding defensive. My eyebrows go up.

"No. I just met him. Like I just met you." I say. He purses his lips. "So then.. Why don't you just take a chance with me tomorrow night?" He asks. I frown. "Just dinner." He says, pushing my buttons. "Fine." I say so he can get out of my hair. He smiles. "You won't regret it Faith.. I promise." He says before walking the way he was headed.

**

"Is he your boyfriend?" He asks me. My heart stops at the sudden question. "No." I say simply. He tilts his head. "The way he was talking to you, seemed like he was your boyfriend." I bite my lip. "He's just a guy from work who asked me out... But.. I only said yes to get him out of my hair.." I say. He nods his head slightly then looks out to the beach as we sat at tables outside the restaurant.

"Did you just say yes to me because you wanted me out of your hair?" He asks. My heart hurts to his sad question. "No. Of course I didn't do it because of that... I said yes because..." I pause so that he looks at me, and he does. "I like your company." I tell him. A small grin pulls on the corners of his mouth. "I enjoy your company too Faith." He says. Its quiet for a bit.