2

We all entered our dorm. As soon as I entered mine, I found a piece of paper folded neatly.
"Even if you try to escape from here, you will be killed immediately. So don't even try. Have fun! -M"

Typical Momo. I threw the paper into the trash. I placed my bag on the chair, and laid down quietly on my bed.
Well, not for long. I could hear a long, piercing scream outside.
Oh well, okay then.
I got out, and everyone got out too. The scream was from Chiyoko's room. Don't ask me how I knew it's from that room. I just knew it is.
We banged onto her door, and she finally flung the door open. You could tell fear crippled her, freezing every muscle of her body even though she was shaking on the outside.
"There's...a dead corpse.." She trembled.

We entered, and really did find a dead corpse laying in the bathtub. Which I believe was already filled with bugs and maggots that were eating away the dead flesh that had been protecting the mound of glimmering gold moments before.
But it still had its eyes open.

Electra walked towards it calmly. I swear, how could that girl be calm?

"It's rotting." She said as she observed closely.
"Should we inform the secretary or the receptionist?" Misa asked.
"I thought that when people die, they must have their eyes closed." She said as she took out a pair of gloves from her pocket. She wore the dark gloves, and placed her covered hand onto the corpse's eyes, slowly shutting them close.
"That's better." She said as she took her covered hand off its rotten face.

Suddenly, a small screen appeared from the corner of the wall.
"Trololololol. New mystery! Solve it while you can! You only have 3 hours!" Momo chuckled, and the screen disappeared.

I sighed. This really ain't your typical high school where you can study in peace.

Electra turned to us, and said in a monotone voice,
"Split into pairs."
She pointed towards me, and said, "Emiko Scarlet, with me."
She then pointed towards Misa and Chiyoko, "You both pair up."
Then she pointed to the last pair, Neon and Atalanta, "Last pair."

"Look, don't order us around." Misa crossed her arms.
"Then continue living in this low life while we graduate." Electra said.
"Never mind." She replied as she paired up with Chiyoko.

"Okay, Emiko and I will look at the dorm rooms. Misa and Chiyoko, look at the hallways. Neon and Atalanta, look at the places, such as the gym, cafeteria, classroom, like that. Got it?" Electra said.
We all nodded, while having nothing to say.
"Start." She said.
We all split according to our partner. I was left with Electra.

"Why did you split them into pairs?" I asked.
"It will be much easier to finish, we only have 3 hours."
"No, I mean, why did you choose these kind of pairs?"

"Misa's has strong capability from the look of her eyes. She has the cute looks, but crazy attitude. Chiyoko, may seem scared, but has natural, indescribable powers. These two are worth a pair. Neon, she has mentioned that she's only able to see neon objects, she will be a great help for finding clues that are visible to her eyes. Atalanta, has great potential as a princess. She's not your average princess, she has saved her entire town by herself. She will be able to detect enemies and fight them, and protecting Neon. Emiko, you, I chose you, because I have a feeling you're something worth to pair up with me." She finish speaking, at the same time, she was examining the corpse.

"I see." I replied. Electra has such keen senses. When did she even have time to observe all these?
"Look at this." She said, interrupting my thoughts.
"Huh?"
"How old do you think this corpse is?" She asked, looking at me straight in the eye.
"Um..2 years?" I scratched the nape of my neck.
"Incorrect." She answered.
"What? How do you know?"
"It's being a year. Take a good look, there are maggots and insects eating nearly half of the dead body. There is a strong odour too. This suggests that it's a year old corpse."
"But the question is, who's corpse is it?"
"This school has taken a year to be build up. It used to be an old vintage house which belonged to a family with cursed accidents. It was said that the family had buried their first daughter alive, because they had been informed she was a destructive curse. They had a second daughter after many years. It was said that they were about to throw her off a cliff, because she was a curse too. But, they got killed, and the police couldn't find where was the baby."
"Woah. You know a lot."
"There's still more explanation. Somebody took over, and turned this building to a high school. The school had been opened since last year. So this suggests, this corpse could be a student's, for it's in a student dorm."
"I see. That could be."
"Go look over the desks, drawers, and wardrobes. There could be something."
"Okay."

I left the examining the corpse to Electra, while I looked for clues in this room.
I first checked in the wardrobe, I found few old clothes, nothing else. I headed towards the desk, it was dusty. Ew. But there wasn't anything, except particles of disgusting dust.
I opened the drawers, and I found a picture frame. It was covered in dust too. I took out a tissue and wiped it. As soon as it was clear, I observed closely. It was a girl. She was wearing the school's uniform, and posing in front of the school. She had electric blue hair, and dark eyes. Pale skin, and crimson lips. She wore a dark shade of eyeliner too.

Maybe, this is the corpse?

I opened the other drawer, and found a photograph. It was the same girl, but in a disgusting, bloody situation.
She was been strangled by a person. The person was unknown. It was wearing all black, and covered its face. She had blood covered all over her. I felt like puking, this is truly disgusting.
I found another photograph, it was her again. But, her corpse instead. She laid on the ground instead, surrounded by a puddle of her own blood. Her eyes were still open. Okay, this is creepy.

I took the picture frame and the photographs. I decided to go to Electra, and inform her of what I found.
As I went to her place, I found her. She was jotting down things in her notebook.
She saw me, and asked,
"What did you find?"
I showed her the picture frame and the photographs. I then informed her of my observations. She observed them, and nodded.

"And apparently, I found something interesting too." She said.
"What is it?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.
"This." She said as she held something in her hand.

Damn Electra, you're clever as hell.