4

I clutched my fists nervously.

"First I would like to start off with the clues. Emiko and I had observed the dorm room. The corpse seemed to be a year old due to the maggots and insects had digested half of its body." Electra said.

"And how are you confident it's a year old?" Momo chuckled.

"This building belonged originally to a family with cursed incidents. They had buried their first daughter alive. They were about to throw their second daughter off a cliff, while they got killed. Nobody knew where the baby went." She continued.

Gasps and shock were seen on everyone's faces.

"Somebody then took over this building, and turned it to a high school. It took a year to prepare the facilities, and they opened the school last year."

"Impressive. But, do you really believe the rumours saying this was a house which belonged to a family with cursed incidents?" Momo questioned.

"Indeed. I had an investigation of the building once the family got killed. I was the first person who witness the dead bodies of the parents near the cliff."

"Go on." Momo signalled.

"Anyways, I had sent Emiko to search in drawers, wardrobes, and cabinets. She had found a picture frame of a girl." She said, as she took out the picture frame to prove it.
"She found few more photographs of the killing scene. The girl must have been strangled then murdered." She then showed the photographs.
"And I've found a student handbook in the corpse's pocket. The student ID picture matched perfectly along with the picture frame. And apparently, her name is Emily."

"And what if the student handbook is fake?" Momo asked.

"I'll speak about that in the end. Misa and Chiyoko had found permanent footprints in the hallway. This is most likely the muderer's footprints. The murderer must had passed the muddy lake that is behind our school, thus walking in without noticing that he/she had left footprints. Its size is medium." She said as she showed the picture Misa had taken.
"Neon and Atalanta had found blood stained knifes. The murderer must had left in a hurry, thinking nobody would notice the stained knifes." She said, as she held the knifes by the tip of her fingers.
"Lastly, about the handbook. If you flip through the middle page, a code has been written sloppily by the victim. The victim has written it while locked herself in the bathroom, trying to escape from the intruder. The code is '₩!s@'. If you read it through an opposite reflection, it says 'Misa'." Electra turned to look at Misa.

The color drained out of Misa's face and she immediately slammed her fists to the table.
"How are you sure?! It could be another person named Misa." She screamed.

"I had observed you quietly. Apparently, your shoe size matches the ones in the hallway. You were the first one to defy me about the plan of splitting in groups. You mocked me about being a detective. These are acts of nervousness. So, it's you." Electra said.

Misa clutched her fists, and said,
"Fine. It's me. Happy?"

"Why did you commit a murder?" I asked.
"Because that Emily bullied me during elementary school." She mumbled harshly while looking at the ground.

Okay, so murdering your bully? Well, that's something.

"Woo! You solved this mystery correctly! You pass this stage, congrats!" Momo cheered while tossing balloons in the air.

Wait, where did it even get the balloons? What the hell?

"And now, time for execution." It grinned sadistically as it turned to Misa.

Execution? There's execution here?

"No..don't..Emily deserved it." Misa looked with pleading eyes.

Suddenly, a button appeared in front of Momo. Momo hit the button, and grinned.

Suddenly, a pit hole appeared under Misa, and she fell in it. A screen appeared in front of us. We all watched the execution begin.

She was chained to a pole. Her mouth was sealed with duct tape, and she struggled to break free. Suddenly, a spark of fire approached towards her. It got closed to her, and lit itself on the same pole. As the fire was burning every inch of her, she begin to tear up. It soon burnt her whole body to ashes.

This is horrifying.

The screen then disappeared. Momo chuckled, and said,
"You all are dismissed. Good job!"

We left the class trial silently. We were paralysed with shock and betrayal. Except Electra, she was calm and monotone.

Didn't I tell you in the beginning? This is the definition of hell.