9

I ran.

"Where is the scream from?" He asked, while he caught up with me.
"That direction." I pointed right.

We turned right, and it was the girls' washroom. I slammed open the door, and I felt like puking any moment. Adam was in shock, and was disgusted too. We heard running footsteps approaching, and everyone else was crippled with fear as they saw the scene.

It was that vampire which I had encountered last night. But instead, he was feeding on Neon's blood. She laid emotionless in the puddle of her own blood, and the vampire licked off the red liquid from his fingers. He saw us, and paused for a while.

"More victims?" He laughed.
Adam pointed his gun at him, and said in a deadly tone,
"You bastard."
He stopped laughing as he realised that Adam was a vampire hunter. He then saw me, and widened his eyes. He shakily pointed at me, and said in a brittle voice,
"That..monster..."

"You're the monster here. You're feeding on the blood of our friend." I spat back.
"At least I don't have black magic." He replied.

Everyone else landed their eyes on me, including Adam. Adam didn't flinch about it, but the others seemed terrified. I'm not surprised about it. Sooner or later, they would have found out.

"I see...so you are one of the Apple of Discord here. It's sad, how you've managed to anger me. Trash that doesn't even know it's trash deserves to fall into the abyss." I said, recalling those words once more again.

Anger took over me, and I felt my oceanic irises turning red, and it gained a black ring around the pupil, giving me a much more menacing appearance. I mean, red hair and red eyes? I look like a demon from hell.

A dark orb formed on my right hand. This is Ankhseram Black Magic.

"Repent." I mumbled. I threw the orb straight to him. Before he could dodge it, I aimed at him perfectly. He clutched his tattered shirt, trying to take in deep breaths; but failed. No one could escape death at all. He took one last look at me, and collapsed.

Adam lowered his gun, speechless. I'm not quite surprised. Anyone would start to feel uneasy around me once they knew about my black magic. Everyone else just stared at me. Staring won't do them any good.

"Say, when..did you learn..black magic?" Atalanta asked with a hint of fear in her voice.

My irises turned back to its original color. I let my arms fall to my side as I took a deep breath. I turned to face all of them. Adam wasn't scared; just speechless. Atalanta bit her lips, and fiddled with her fingers. Chiyoko stared at the ground. Electra locked eyes with me for a moment, then turned her eyes away.

"Are you going to answer or not?" Atalanta asked again.
"Why do you care?" I asked flatly.
"It's just..isn't that--"
"So what if it is?" I asked again, interrupting her.

I clutched my fists, and furrowed my eyebrows. I shouldn't give a crap if they think I'm a monster, or whatever they think I am. Is there truly a human who's not a monster anyways?

I couldn't stand the silence. I just pushed them out of my way and ran out of the washroom. They watched me in shock, and didn't bother to stop me.

I ran back to my dorm room, and locked the door behind me. I sank to my knees, and pulled my knees against my chest. I'm not a monster. I am human. I really am. I couldn't help it, for I let tears slip out of my eyes. Why is this world so unfair? Why is it cruel? Why is it chaotic? What did I do? I didn't do anything to deserve this. I felt my heart throb in pain. I couldn't stop my tears at all. No matter how many times I wiped my tears, I couldn't stop the tears slipping out of my eyes.