Song Preference: The Only Reason

****PLEASE READ*******

Sorry Calum's is so short. However, I really love writing these song preferences. They're super fun because each one is so different but somehow also so similar. So, I have a couple more songs I'm working on right now, but if you guys could please please please leave a comment with some song recommendations (any artist, any genre) that I could use, I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you!

SONG PREFERENCE: The Only Reason

Michael: "Don't talk, let me think it over. How we gonna fix this? How we gonna undo all the pain? Tell me, is it even worth it?"

-----

"Just don't talk!" Michael screamed at me. "Let me think, alright?" His voice was slowly calming.

"I know we can fix this," I whispered.

"How? How can we fix this? How can we undo all the pain? It's not even worth it!"

"You don't think a child is worth it Michael?" I snapped.

His breathing became heavy as he looked to the ground.

It was midnight and I was standing in Michael's apartment. We had broken up 3 weeks ago after a nasty fight full of screaming and accusations, and 2 days ago I found out I was pregnant.

"It's not worth it if it's not even my child," he muttered hastily.

"Michael will you stop?" I snapped. "This is 100% your child as it is mine! I didn't cheat!"

"How do I know that?" he screamed back.

"Because you should know that I love you!"

He paused, staring at me intently. His hair had fallen messily in front of his eyes and beads of sweat trailed down his forehead.

He fell back onto the couch, letting his head fall into his hands with a sigh of defeat.

"I love you, Michael... I know we can work through this."

"Can I be honest?" he sighed, looking up at me. "I don't even remember what we were fighting about when we called things off."

"It was stupid," I sighed. I had remembered the fight. "It was about you and the band... Being away from me for so long."

He looked up at me, "Sit down."

I sat by him and watched as he delicately placed his hand on my leg.

"I'm sorry for accusing you," he said. "That was wrong of me."

"I'm sorry for the things I said..." I whispered. "I shouldn't have been so rude."

He looked down at my stomach, "So you're really pregnant?"

"Yeah."

"Then I say we give things another try. Not just for the baby, but for us."

"I agree."

Luke: "When I close my eyes and try to sleep I fall apart and find it hard to breath. You're the reason the only reason."

-----

I slid under the covers of my bed after a long day, whimpering at the thought of Luke's arms being wrapped around me... Missing the comfort he brought.