Calum - The Hate Breaks You Up

this is a really old imagine I wrote almost 2 years ago and it's kinda trash but so am i so hey here i am uploading it for some reason, sorry it's not the best.

You typed away angrily onto your phone as tears fell from your eyes. You hit send and threw your phone onto the bed. You weren't angry at anyone but yourself. You were mad at yourself for being ugly and fat and pulling Calum down. Calum deserved someone better. You knew that, the fans knew that, and you were pretty sure Calum knew that, too.

But no longer would you bring him down. You were ending things with him when he came home. The hate you received was too much. You were going to let Calum go so he could move onto someone pretty and skinny and good for him, because you weren't. You didn't want to end things with him, but you had to. You still loved him and wanted to be with him. But you couldn't.

When Calum received your text, he was instantly worried.

'Calum, we need to talk tonight'

He quickly typed out his response, 'Sure, is everything alright?'

'We'll talk tonight'

When the time came for him to come home, you were still a crying mess on the couch.

"Hey, what's wrong?" he whispered, sitting next to you and draping his arm across your shoulders.

"Calum, we need to break up," you whispered as another sob rippled through you.

His face paled and he froze up, "Why?"

"I just... I can't deal with it anymore, Calum."

"Can't deal with what?" he asked as a few tears fell from his eyes. "Is it me? Do you just not love me anymore?"

You shook your head, "Calum, I love you more than anything in the world, b-"

"Then why are you doing this?" he practically yelled, cutting you off. He jumped off the couch and stood in front of you.

"Calum, I'm not good enough for you!" you yelled back, standing up, "I hear it a million times every god damn day! I know I'm not pretty or skinny enough for you! I know I'm a lame ass girlfriend! You deserve someone better than me and we both know it! I'm done with this! I can't deal with the hate, Calum and I can't deal with the thought of dragging you down like this! I know you can get someone so much better than I ever could be and that's what I can't deal with!"

He didn't say anything for a long moment but just stared at you as hot tears streaked down both of your faces. Finally he walked forward, grabbing your wrist tightly as you tried to back away from him. He pulled you against his chest and held you close to him.

"I never want to hear you say any of those words again," he whispered, "You are beautiful and you are sure as hell not fat. I don't want some stick thin girlfriend that cakes on makeup every day. I want you. I want you with your curves and your messy hair in the mornings. I want you with your smiles and sweet little kisses. I only want you. I can't get someone better than you because you're the best that there is. If you can't deal with the hate, just come to me. I will always be there to protect you and hold you. You mean the world to me and I want you to be happy. Please, I'm begging you, please don't do this. You mean so much to me and I never want to lose you."

You sobbed into his chest as he held you tightly. Slowly, you pushed away so you could face him, "I'll stay."

He smiled and leaned down to kiss you softly. You wrapped your arms around his neck and his hands plastered onto your waist gently.

"I'll set the fans straight," he whispered, resting his chin on the top of your head.

"I'll go start dinner," you said quietly, wiping away your tears. He shook his head as you tried to walk away.

"We'll order take-out," he mumbled, "I just want to spend time with you."

You both changed into your pajamas and ordered pizza. Calum sent out a tweet defending you.

'@Calum5SOS: Leave Y/N alone. She makes me happy and I love her. When you send her hate you're not only bringing her down, but me too. If you send her hate, I don't care how big of a fan you think you are, you'll never be part of the 5SOSfam.'

"Thank you, Calum," you whispered as you settled your body in between his legs, leaning against his chest.

"Anytime," he smiled, "I love you, Y/N."

"I love you, too, Cal," you whispered, hugging his knee close to your chest, wanting to be as close as possible to the boy you loved.