Ashton: Storm

“Ash,” you whimpered into your phone, clutching onto your 5 year old daughter., Marley. Ashton and your older son, Connor, 7, had gone out for a little, and a huge storm hit. The power had gone out, and you and your daughter were both afraid of the dark and storms.

“Hey, babe, calm down. We’re pulling onto our street now,” he said. Through the phone, you could hear the rain beating against the car. “I’ll be there in a couple minutes.”

Not even 2 minutes later, the garage door opened up and you heard Ashton’s car pull in. Then, the door opened and Ashton walked in with your son behind him.

“(Y/N)?” he called.

“Over here, Ash,” you said from the couch. Your daughter had quieted her cries at the sound of Ashton’s voice. She hesitantly pulled her arms from your body and looked around the darkness. Ashton made his way over to you using his phone as a light. He pulled you onto his lap and kissed your cheek gently. He smiled at your daughter who had crawled off of your lap and curled up next to the both of you. Connor sat on the couch next to you and rested his head on your stomach.

“Tired?” you asked him, gently stroking his hair. Marley was already beginning to fall asleep. Connor nodded.

Within 2 quiet minutes, both kids had fallen asleep at your sides.

“Can we go to bed, Ash?”

“Of course, baby.” He helped you stand up and you both grabbed one kid, making your way upstairs. You put them both to bed and then headed to your room.

“Goodnight, baby,” Ashton whispered, kissing you softly.

“Goodnight, Ash.”