5SOS: Death in Your Family

Calum:

Your brother committed suicide the day before his birthday in May.

“Babe?” your fiance, Calum, called from the doorway, “I’m home!”

You had just gotten off the phone with your mom. Your brother had hung himself in his living room 3 hours ago before he was discovered by your dad.

Your knees were tucked into your chest as tears threatened to spill over.

Your baby brother had died…It was all you could think about. Quickly, you sat up straight and patted your eyes, trying to look as casual as possible. “Hey,” he smiled.

“Hey, what’s up?” you fakely smiled, walking over and pecking him on the lips.

“Not much, how was your day?” He loosely slung his arms around your waist, pulling you closer to him. “The usual,” you shrugged, resting your head on his chest.

“Well, how ab-” he paused, tilting your head up. “Are you okay, baby?”

“Yeah, why do you ask?”

“You’re not yourself… Did something happen?”

You bit your lip and nodded. “My, um, my brother…” Tears began to escape your eyes. “He… he killed himself.” A sob escaped your lips as Calum held you close to him.

Luke:

Your dad died of lung disease.

Luke was there when you would visit him in the hospital. He was there when you got the phone call. He was there at the funeral. And he was here now, while you sit in your room crying. His strong arms stayed wrapped around you and your body shook and trembled with sobs.

“Sh, baby, I know it’s not okay right now, but it’ll get better, okay? I promise.”

“You don’t know that!” you cried, clutching onto his shirt as you buried your face into his neck.

“Baby, please just trust me. It will get better.”

You looked up and kissed his jaw gently. “I love you, Luke.”

“I love you, too, baby. And so did he.”

“I know he did. But I want him back.” Another sob went through your lips as Luke kissed your forehead.

“Listen to me, (Y/N), you are strong. I love you, your family loves you, the boys love you, and your dad loves you.”

“Loved,” I corrected him.

He sighed and tucked a piece of hair behind your ear. “You are strong and you will get through this. And I will help you every step of the way.”

“Promise?”

“I promise.”

Ashton: Your baby sister and mother had died after a fatal car crash.

You had just gotten back from the hospital after heading there when the crash happened. An hour after you got there, they died. You watched them die. Both of them. You held their hands as they died, you felt as their skin went cold and the pulse stopped.

“(Y/N)?” Ashton yelled when you stepped inside to your shared flat. “Where were you? I’ve been calling you.”

He walked over to the foyer and saw you. Leaned up against the door, your hands pressed to your face as tears were already trickling slowly down your skin, dripping onto your shirt.

He slowly walked towards you, as if you were a spooked animal. For whatever reason, he felt the need to walk towards you gingerly.

“Baby, what… what happened?” There was nothing Ashton hated more than when you cried. Nothing. He usually cried himself.

Your back slid down the wall as you fell to the floor. Ashton knelt down in front of you, grabbing your hands.

“They’re dead. My mom and my sister… they… they died.”

“Oh, baby,” he whispered, sitting next to you and pulling you onto his lap. “It’s gonna be alright. I promise. Everything is going to be alright.”

Michael: Your grandma had died after a fatal heart attack. Michael was there through everything.

"Can I get you anything?" he asked, massaging your shoulders gently.

."Just hold me," you whispered, cuddling further into his side.

And Michael did. He held you as long as you needed. He took care of you, got you what you needed, and held you.

All until the pain ended.

It lasted a while. You were so close to your grandma. She was your favourite family member and you would give anything to have her back.

“(Y/N), are you going to be okay?” Michael asked the day you had gone over her will.

You stepped out of the lawyer’s building. Your grandma had left EVERYTHING to you.

“I’ll be fine.” Your voice was still a bit weak as you tried not to cry again. A week or two after her death you had finally stopped crying daily. You hadn’t cried since then, actually, and that was 2 weeks ago.

“You know what she told me the day you proposed? Just hours before you did?” you whispered, playing with the diamond crested ring on your finger Michael had proposed to you with the day before her death.

“What?” he whispered, staring down at you intently.

“She told me to never let you go. She knew you were the one for me… It was like she knew you were going to propose in a couple of hours….”

“It’s because she did know.” He paused and tilted your head up, “I asked for her permission to marry you. That ring,” he grabbed your hand, “It’s hers. She gave me her wedding ring to propose to you with.”

A sob escaped your lips and you threw your arms around Michael.

He was the one without a doubt.