Calum - spill the beans

I was pregnant. Calum and I had known for almost 2 months, and I was already beginning to show a bit, but nothing I couldn't hide with clothes. The boys knew, and our family knew, but beyond that we had kept it private. There had seemed to be a weird celebrity baby boom going on and we wanted to wait until we felt okay with announcing it to the entire world. We had a very cute way we planned on announcing it to the world via Instagram, it just wasn't time yet.

We were very surprised to find out I was pregnant. It wasn't planned. We were engaged, and had been for about 3 months, so it's likely our baby was conceived in celebration of that. But until the baby was born, we were postponing the wedding.

Calum and the other boys had an interview early this morning with a live TV news station about their upcoming album. I sat off to the side of the camera and gave him a big smile and 2 thumbs up. He smiled back at me. The interviewer asked them a lot of questions about the album, its release date, and the process of making it. She then started asking the boys about their personal lives, skipping around questions a bit. Finally, the big question landed on Calum.

"So, you and your girlfriend y/n got engaged a few months ago, when's the big wedding gonna be?" Off the TV prompter, I could see they put up a photo of our proposal.

"Uhm, well we don't have a date set right now. With her pregnant and all it's kind of a matter of planning around that."

My heart sunk in my chest and I dropped my head into my heads, muttering a string of profanities. Calum hadn't realised what he had said, but everyone else did. And this was live.

"Pregnant?" the interviewer questions.

"Fuck," Calum whispered. He looked over at me, I gave him big eyes and a small shrug saying Nothing you can do to fix this.

"Uhm, yeah," he started. "I wasn't supposed to say it. We were waiting to announce it a, uh, better way. But yeah, we're expecting a baby."

"That's exciting! How far along?"

"We've known about 2 months, and she's right at about 12 weeks."

"Well, congratulations to the happy couple!"

When the interview was over a minute later, Calum rushed over to me.

"I'm so sorry," he whispered, hugging me. "So fucking sorry."

"It's okay, Cal," I whispered back with a laugh. "We were gonna announce it soon anyway. It's not exactly the way we wanted but at least it's kinda funny."

He pressed a kiss to my forehead, still hugging me tightly to his body.

"We'll do our formal announcement we had planned on Instagram later today, then," he laughed.

I leaned up and kissed his lips, "We will."