Luke - he's a player

Luke Hemmings - the bad boy, the player, the heartbreaker.

So, when he asked me out, I knew how it would end. But I still said yes. I was willing to play his little game.

We dated for near a month and judging by his pattern of girls before, I had about two weeks before he ended it. I was going to end it all and show him two could play at that game.

He looked down as I said the words, a bit confused. He had always been the one to end the relationships, not the girl.

For nearly two weeks, he was acting different. Word had spread of what happened between us, and neither of us could walk down a hall without receiving some sort of attention. Luke was acting very different. He hadn’t dated anyone, he hadn’t even made any flirtatious moves or advances on any girl in any way. he wasn’t being cocky and arrogant, he seemed depressed.

And I automatically felt guilty.

“Luke?” I asked, walking up behind him at his locker as he angrily shoved away books while people stared on at the two of us.

He looked down at me but didn’t speak, only continuing to organize his locker.

“I… I’m sorry. I didn’t think us ending things would be this big of a deal a-”

“You’re different,” he cut me off. “I didn’t want to end things with you. You were the first girl I dated that I actually… that I actually liked.”

“You… You’re being serious?” I was praying he wasn’t just messing with me again.

He nodded, slamming his locker shut and turning to look at me. “Can I kiss you?”

I could only nod as he cupped the back of my head and pressed our lips together.

“Are you free tonight?”

“Uh, yeah, I think so, I’ll have to c-”

“7 o’clock. Dress nice.”