Chancellor Office Reunion

Ok. So remember in the movie how everything was always awkward and underwhelming? Well this was one of those moments. (And keep in mind that in my version, Anakin and Padmé are both very much the same age.)

It's been 10 years since Anakin and Padmé last saw each other, and when they finally reunited, it was wack. Here, I made Padmé more enthusiastic, and surprised to see Anakin. And I made Anakin non-creepy or awkwardly trying to put moves on her. He's a reserved, but still somewhat cocky, young man now. Also, Obi-Wan isn't an overbearing and embarrassing master to Anakin, who kinda needs to look good in front of Padmé.
__________________________

OBI-WAN and ANAKIN exit the elevator to the office, PADMÉ and TYPHO rise as they stop before them. ANAKIN can't help but stare at what he knows is PADMÉ AMIDALA. His heart races as she and TYPHO walk closer to them. It really is her.

OBI-WAN steps forward and takes her hands in his.
It is a great pleasure to see you again, M'Lady.

PADMÉ
It has been far too long, Master Kenobi. I'm more than humbled to be standing before you again. But I must tell you, your presence is not needed here.

OBI-WAN
I'm sure the Republic has to say otherwise.

PADMÉ glances at the tall handsome man standing behind OBI-WAN, to his right. She quickly realizes it's ANAKIN SKYWALKER. ANAKIN grins as her expression shifts from disbelief to exuberance.

PADMÉ studying him, having flashbacks.
A—Anakin?

He laughs as she moves in for a big hug. It felt amazing, and well deserved. she was nearly brought to tears. He wished he could stay like this longer, but a couple more seconds would make everyone a bit suspicious. He moves out to face her, holding her arms.

PADMÉ
I cannot believe it, Anakin Skywalker! I had no idea you'd be coming too, I almost couldn't recognize you!

ANAKIN
I cannot say the same for you, Senator. You're still as beautiful as I remembered you.

PADMÉ knowing he truly means it.
Oh you're just trying to flatter me again, aren't you? And please don't be so formal, I'll always be "Padmé" to you.

ANAKIN sarcastically.
Oh, my apologies.

They all move over the couches and further discuss matters. Nightfall is upon them.

TYPHOI'm very grateful you're here, Master Kenobi

TYPHO
I'm very grateful you're here, Master Kenobi. The situation is more dangerous than the Senator will admit.

PADMÉ
Like I said before, I don't need more security, I just need answers.

OBI-WAN
We're only here to protect you, Senator, not to start an investigation.

ANAKIN
Actually, I feel it would be appropriate to find out who the source of this attack is, Master. It seems logical.

OBI-WAN
But that would be exceeding our mandate.

ANAKIN
I meant in the interest of protection, of course. Why else were we assigned if not to find the assassin? Protection is a job for local security, investigation is implied in our mandate.

PADMÉ chiming in.
Perhaps with merely your presence, the mysteries surrounding this threat will be revealed.

OBI-WAN
Perhaps, but that doesn't mean we won't continue to do what was asked of us, M'lady.

PADMÉ becomes discontent with the conversation's lack of getting anywhere.

PADMÉ
Of course, Master Kenobi. But now, if you all will excuse me, I think I will retire for the duration of the evening.

Everyone rises as she does and gives her a slight bow. As she walks by she makes quick eye contact with ANAKIN, then looks away with a subtle grin, leaving the room with DORMÉ. ANAKIN watches her, then looks down at the floor, trying to fight a smile.