Before Execution

Y'all been waitin for this right here. It was so stupid how Padmé just suddenly confessed to dying a little everyday because...she loved him...deeply...loved him. In the original script she even goes as far to say she has no idea why she loves him. Well, because y'all had zero chemistry lol.
_________________________

In the gloomy tunnel, ANAKIN and PADME are placed into an open cart side by side. The murmur of a vast crowd is heard out in the arena. GUARDS activate the surrounding cart shield, which encases them from escape. They leave them alone, side by side.

ANAKIN turns to her.
Padmé...what you've decided upon yourself is a disgrace. Your life is important and you know that.

PADMÉ ashamed.
My life is no greater than yours.

ANAKIN
Your life is the reason why I'm with you in the first place. I was your sworn protector...and now, not only have I failed the council, I have failed you, Senator.

PADMÉ
I told you not to call me that.

ANAKIN
But you are a senator. You are also a daughter, a sister, an aunt...you have a family, a home, a place in the Republic. It only makes sense that I share Obi-Wan's fate. The Republic will crumble without your stance!

PADMÉ
I have no stance, he wasn't going to let me go! I will not choose life if it means living as a submissive to the separatists. Death is more inviting, even if not painless.

ANAKIN exhales.
I understand where you're coming from, I really do, but this is unjust. None of this would've happened if I made you to stay in the ship.

PADMÉ
So I could sit there while you and Obi-Wan are torn to shreds?

ANAKIN
With any luck you wouldn't have been captured by Dooku. The council will be here any second now. At least one of us could be spared.

PADMÉ'S face wrinkles in sorrow and she looks away to cry.

ANAKIN
...And you would be without me...

PADMÉ looks at him.
I could never have to hear the word 'war' again, but you'd be gone forever. I can't go back to living only with the memory of you, I can't do it... You taught me that there could be so much more to my life than just politics...but you were right, we lead different roles that forbid us to be any closer...

ANAKIN
I guess you and I really didn't have much of a chance...

PADMÉ almost whispering.
I guess not.

He slowly leans into her, resting his face on top of her head as she leans her face against his shoulder, looking down in tears. This feels like when he had to leave for his training and she had to finish out her reign. But only, they could not put their arms around each other. He winces and presses his lips hard into the top of her head, eyes shut tight, wishing he could go back to the day they met.

The entrance to the area opens, and the cart starts to move. PADMÉ worriedly looks out the entrance, a panic rises in her. Her breath is shallow.

PADMÉ
This is all my fault—

ANAKIN
I don't care, look at me.

She shakes her head and continues to stare before them.

ANAKIN
Padmé look at me...

She finally does.

ANAKIN
We will find a way...

He looks assuringly into her eyes and PADMÉ'S expression eases. She is not entirely sure what he means, but she trusts him, and nods her head.

ANAKIN says "I love you" but it is inaudible, you can only see him mouth it.
Then they slowly lean forward and kiss.

They finally emerge from inside the tunnel and are met with blinding sunlight. They pull away from each other and look straight ahead, bracing themselves for what's to come.