Chapter 12 - Almost Home

"Bethany! Hayley! You have a visitor!" Bekah shouts, I come out of the nursery with Sophia and meet Hayley on the steps as we walk down together. Agnes was waiting at the bottom of the stairs.

"So what can we do for you Agnes" I put Sophia down and she headed straight for Rebekah who was sat with her laptop.

"I wanted to know how you feel, you haven't had a ultrasound yet, neither of you."

"I feel great" Hayley replied

"I feel fantastic, perks of being a vampire, not morning sickness" I kick my feet out onto the table

"Are you sure"

"We've told you Agnes we feel great."

"But the tow of you are overdue for a check up" I rolled my eyes she wasn't here long but she was irritating me.

"What are we going to do, pop into the Quarter for a quick ultrasound? A pregnant werewolf and Hybrid escorted by a witch?"

"Yes like that isn't going to scream something fishy is going on."

"A lot of people would kill to have a child, strikes me as odd that neither of you are taking better care of yours" I stuck my tongue out at her.

"I know a doctor out in the bayou off the beaten path. Now I took the liberty of booking an appointment for you tonight after hours, just us. Vampires will never get word of it." I still wasn't convinced

"Fine baby bayou doctor it is."

"For you not for me"

"Bethany" Agnes started

"I'm not saying I'm not going. I will, just Nik and Bekah will most likely doing something important tonight and I'm not letting anyone who isn't a Mikaelson or a Marshall watch my infant daughter. So you can book a different out of hours appointment when one of the others is free."

"Sophia, medicine" i went to take her into the kitchen to give her something for the cough she's been having.

"Nik" i call he comes into the room

"yes love."

"Please say I can go to the music festival tonight please" I pout

"I don't think it would be a good idea"

"Me and Sophia need to get out experience New Orleans, just please say yes" I give him my adorable eyes.

"Pretty please with a cherry on top"

"Fine you can go for me but Marcel is getting a bit antsy so out of fake courtesy I will need to ask him"

"Yay!"

-

I dressed Sophia and I when Nik came in.

"So?"

"You can go" I cheered

"I even convinced Marcel to make his crew keep a eye on, just and eye mind you." I hugged him.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you. Soph come give your uncle Nik the biggest hug ever." she ran over to him and he picked her up. I laughed as she gave him one of her bear hugs.

"Okay baby you remember the rules"

"Never let go and stay close" I smiled

"And have fun" I smiled "Now say goodbye to Uncle Nick she gave his cheek a kiss and was handed over to me and we left. We entered the city and everyone was having fun. It was too crowded for me to hold Sophia's hand so I had her in my arms, she pointed to some jewellery stalls and she picked out a few that she could have when she was older. After  we stopped in Roussos  I got us juices and sat her on the bar.

"Bethany Mikaelson" I looked over at Marcel

"Marcel Gerard" he sat down in front of me.

"So this is the infamous daughter you have" I nodded as i held the glass for her had she took a sip of juice.

"Her name is Sophia, baby  this is Marcel a friend of Uncle Nik's" she smiled and waved

"she seems very alert for her age"

"humm that with me for a mother, thank you by the way. Letting us come to the festival. I believe me and my family are sometimes a thorn in your side" i smiled buttering up to him.

"It's not you I have the problem with"

"How could it be, I haven't been in the city much.  But it's things like this we didn't have back home. Celebrations yes but town stuff close nit...for a while" I trailed off

"Yeah why haven't I seen you around much?" I smirked knowing he was fishing.

"Why miss me already" he laughs "I know I'm hot but I'm younger than you, more dangerous and married with a child. This is me telling you you're not my type"

"Now you go for older vampires" I laugh

"Let me tell you something for nothing. okay?" he nods "Elijah and I were always meant to be. He spent over 1,000 years for me to be born. You can trust me on that. It has nothing to do with what we are but who we are. All of it was written before either of us were born" I tap his shoulder standing up.

"Catch you later Marcel." I go to leave

"Awh don't be like that. Let me get to know you. You're the mysterious new Mikaelson in now who's not an Original but is as powerful as one." I laugh

"You're fishing and I'm not playing. I know your type, you want to know everything strength weakness in case you need it in the close future. I've dealt with it before so for the sake of everyone. And this is me being nice." I took a breath.

"Chill out and don't pester me. Cause that will piss me off and then well let's say it won't look pretty. fair warning too ya" I made my way through the crowd and we enjoyed the festival. It was late when I got back and Sophia hand fallen asleep on my shoulder when i walked in.

"And where have you been?" Bekah asked

"The music festival" I shift Sophia around and make my way up the stairs

"I texted you like a 100 times" she told me

"My phone was in my bag and I didn't think to check it, why are you freaking out? Nik knew we were going even got Marcel's crew to keep an eye on us."  I went into Sophia's room and dropped my stuff before getting my sleeping daughter ready.

"Hayley was attacked tonight" I snapped my head round

"What? Is she okay? The baby?"

"They're fine but the witches were conspiring, which means no more doctors."

"You were the one who said we needed to look after the babies so why don't you just compel a doctor to come here, and only remember their job when they see one or all of us."

"We can't be sure"

"I still need a check up so figure something out. Because I wasn't to know if Baby Elijah is doing okay"

"Baby Elijah?"

"I think it's a boy, I wanted to talk to my husband about names but he's not here so until he is its either Cub or Bay Elijah now shoo. I have to change my little girl"

"I spoke to Elijah today, he's staying with the witch in hopes to  turn her to our side. He'll be home soon.